DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   a few newb questions about TLC and Wireless 1 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139156)

tkjones2 04-11-2013 09:20 PM

a few newb questions about TLC and Wireless 1

Just picked up my 2012 ram 1500, i will be towing some with it anywhere from 3000-9000 pounds, this will be on occasion not all the time. Anyway after doing some reading it looks like the TLC product will be one of the 1st addons, and planning on the air lift wireless 1 controller. I will be contacting TLC in the next cpl days to try to speak to John about it.

for those with this setup did anyone mount the compressor under the back seat or in the rear floorboard storage compartments ??

Does the standard compressor seem to be adequate ?? or did you wish you had gotten the Heavy duty compressor??

Also with the standard compressor is there a way to "T" off of it to use the compressor for other things ie a motorcycle tire, car tire, air bed, etc ???

thanks in advance all

brandonjansen 04-11-2013 09:42 PM

I have the WirelessOne compressor for my airlift 1000's. I mounted it above the spare tire on the brace for it. It stays almost completely dry up there and I wanted to keep stuff outside of my cab. It made it really easy for routing the air lines and wiring as well. Then all I had to do us run the power wire up the frame of the truck for power. I've had it on there for a couple months and haven't had any problems.

tkjones2 04-14-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1066955)
I have the WirelessOne compressor for my airlift 1000's. I mounted it above the spare tire on the brace for it. It stays almost completely dry up there and I wanted to keep stuff outside of my cab. It made it really easy for routing the air lines and wiring as well. Then all I had to do us run the power wire up the frame of the truck for power. I've had it on there for a couple months and haven't had any problems.

Brandon:
thanks for the reply, ill check out that spot, how is your system working for you??

brandonjansen 04-14-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkjones2 (Post 1069261)
Brandon:
thanks for the reply, ill check out that spot, how is your system working for you??

So far I've only used it once to haul a flat deck car trailer about 50 miles. Based on that trip I loved them though. Kept the truck nice and level and the ride was a lot nicer. Without them I noticed that the truck bounced a lot going down the highway (I don't have a WD hitch). With the bags in it kept the truck a lot more stable. It's really nice having the wireless compressor system on it too to raise or lower the pressure on the fly based on how the truck feels.

TLC John 04-17-2013 01:20 PM

TLC v. AirLift 1000

TK,

Just want to mention that TLC has over 5X the lifting/leveling power of the AL1000.

Seems every week we get orders for TLC from people who have had the AL1000.

Since your RAM is the best truck out there, why not go with the best air suspension.

TLC will make your RAM really work like a truck!

John

barndog89 05-30-2013 10:16 PM

I purchased the TLC air bags and the wireless 1 air compressor. I installed the airbags last Friday night. It was extremely easy, it took longer to keep rereading the instructions to be sure I wasn't missing something then it did to actually do the install. The air compressor however did not get installed because I could not find a place I liked to install it. After spending the weekend pondering what to do, I decided to build a bracket to fit. As of today the bracket is built and painted. I am hoping to install it tomorrow evening, if it doesn't get done I will not have another opportunity until next weekend. The bracket will mount under the hood towards the front of the truck. This is my first reply and I haven't figured out how to post yet, but I'll answer any question I can to help.

Mike

Asur 06-02-2013 04:47 PM

I installed my wireless 1 under the passenger rear seat.

TLC John 06-06-2013 08:48 PM

WirelessOne Install Instructions

Here is a link to installation instructions for WirelessOne.

http://catalograck.com/imgVD/AIL/MN-751_25870.pdf

Connman67 08-28-2013 07:38 PM

Have had mine for six Months now. I love them, i haul a 27' 5th wheel about 7000 LB.

No more bounce when i go over bumps when hauling. It acts as if you are not pulling anything. There is no more sag either, sits level. You will love how it responds to hauling.