DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I want to lift my truck (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139314)

shaner82 04-13-2013 02:33 PM

I want to lift my truck
 
Have a 2013 Sport. I would like to give it a slight lift, maybe 4". What do I need to buy in order to do that? Can I still use my stock wheels? Will they rub at all? Will this negatively affect the ride quality? Ride quality is very important to me.

I keep seeing Bilstein 5100 mentioned. Would those allow me to get a few inches of lift without sacrificing ride quality?

What am I looking at spending to get my truck lifted? I don't want the cheapest parts of course, but I do want to keep spending as low as possible, while still getting high quality parts and maintaining the same ride quality I have now (or better if that's possible).

I'm just not sure what all i need to lift my truck. If I have to replace my stock wheels, it's going to be out of the question for now.

Ronan 04-13-2013 03:03 PM

Do the bilsteins up front and call it a day!!! $230 done deal. Mine will be here Tuesday can't wait. Why wouldn't u be able to use your stock wheel. Your not lowering your truck !!

Ram725 04-13-2013 03:22 PM

First off, is it a 2wd or 4wd?

If you have a 4wd I recommend a 6" RCX Lift. It is not much more at all than a 4"(Maybe a $100 more).

If you decide you want 4" on a budget you can go Bilstein 5100 Struts and do 2.8" Setting on the struts and then do a 3" body lift. Giving you roughly 4-5" of lift. Another member on here with a 2013 is running a 3" body lift. I personally do not like Body lifts which is why I went all suspension. In the end I knew I wouldnt be happy with a 4". WIth Bilsteins and Body lift plus install you wont be saving a ton of money compared to a 6".

The cheapest route is going just bilstein 5100 struts at 2.8". This will clear 35" tires and is a great leveling kit.

If you have any other questions let me know. Contact Discount Auto Performance for quotes. They are very aggressive on pricing.

shaner82 04-13-2013 03:56 PM

How high can I lift my truck before my stock wheels will just look too small and I'll have to get bigger wheels? Won't 6" be too high for my stock wheels?

If I just get the 5100's, how much of a lift would that get me?

Ram725 04-13-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaner82 (Post 1068719)
How high can I lift my truck before my stock wheels will just look too small and I'll have to get bigger wheels? Won't 6" be too high for my stock wheels?

If I just get the 5100's, how much of a lift would that get me?

Well with spacers you can run your wheels.. There was a member on here running a full lift with bilsteins on 35s and stock wheels. Look fairly good. I like wide tires/wheels regardless of lift size.

Bilsteins will get you up to 2.8"
Has 5 or 6 settings (can't remember)

fastNugly @ BP 04-14-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram725 (Post 1068741)
Well with spacers you can run your wheels.. There was a member on here running a full lift with bilsteins on 35s and stock wheels. Look fairly good. I like wide tires/wheels regardless of lift size.

Bilsteins will get you up to 2.8"
Has 5 or 6 settings (can't remember)

Bilsteins has 5 settings. (0, 0.7, 1.4, 2.1 and 2.75)

fastNugly @ BP 04-14-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaner82 (Post 1068669)
Have a 2013 Sport. I would like to give it a slight lift, maybe 4". What do I need to buy in order to do that? Can I still use my stock wheels? Will they rub at all? Will this negatively affect the ride quality? Ride quality is very important to me.

I keep seeing Bilstein 5100 mentioned. Would those allow me to get a few inches of lift without sacrificing ride quality?

What am I looking at spending to get my truck lifted? I don't want the cheapest parts of course, but I do want to keep spending as low as possible, while still getting high quality parts and maintaining the same ride quality I have now (or better if that's possible).

I'm just not sure what all i need to lift my truck. If I have to replace my stock wheels, it's going to be out of the question for now.

Bilstein will probably increase your ride comfort over stock. I know it did for me.
You can run stock wheels s nothing is affected, but it will rid of your rake.
4" lift isn't bad, but your stock wheels will look small

Either way, we can help,you with either :smileup:

shaner82 04-14-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Post 1069190)
Bilstein will probably increase your ride comfort over stock. I know it did for me.
You can run stock wheels s nothing is affected, but it will rid of your rake.
4" lift isn't bad, but your stock wheels will look small

Either way, we can help,you with either :smileup:

All I want is a relatively small lift (for now) without negatively affecting ride comfort. If the 5100's can do that for me, I'll buy them, and it seems like everyone recommends contacting you about that.

So if I get the 5100's, I can get a 2.75" lift. I don't know what rake is. I really don't know anything about this stuff and I'm doing as much reading as I can, but there's so much info that it's going to take some time to figure it all out.

So in your opinion, is lifting my truck 2.75" worth it, or should I go a bit higher? I have a lot of home repairs to do this spring so I can't justify a set of new wheels right now. I need to keep my stock wheels, but at the same time, I don't want them to look small or awkward.

If I buy the 5100's, do I need to buy anything else?

shaner82 04-14-2013 10:32 AM

I absolutely love the look of this truck.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=138581

That is what I want mine to look like. Can I accomplish that while keeping my stock wheels and without having them look too small or awkward?

What would I be looking at spending to get a 4" lift like the one done in those pictures? Is the steering stabilizer required? I'd like to stay under $1,000 for now.

joelwalls 04-14-2013 12:28 PM

to stay under 1000 def inately go bilstiens and maybe body lift rc does a 1 1/4 and performance accessories does a 3 inch no matter what lift kit u buy u will be 12 or 1300 minimum plus in stall and with that hieght u would want new rubber just decide what ur really after cuase when u change ur mind it just gets more expensive hahahaha

have fun enjoy ur new truck


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger