DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Recall for pinion nut. A little late for me. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139373)

RyanJM 04-14-2013 01:49 AM

Recall for pinion nut. A little late for me.

Well for any of you 09 owners who haven't had the pinion but issue yet I just got the recall notice today. Mine had been done and traded it in back in Feb so it's useless for me but figured I would pass along the info for the rest of you guys. Maybe this info will help at least of few fellow ram owners.

Otterdriver 04-14-2013 08:52 AM

Same here, traded my 2010 in last month and the pinion nut recall wasn't done yet.

bstc00 04-14-2013 03:18 PM

Just got my notice in the mail yesterday. No parts for it right now. Will contact me when the part is in.

eltoro2 04-15-2013 12:02 PM

whats with this pinion recall have a 09 st cab no recall notice yet ? whats going on with it does it fall off ?

gonefishin776 04-15-2013 12:09 PM

it backs off and your whole drive shaft takes a shit onto the highway.

I feel like this recall has been out for months.it dies down, then someone posts about it again. then there's a bunch of hype, then u don't hear about it for a few weeks. it's been recalled for a while, but obviously the letters are just getting to some people. there are probably 50 threads on this recall

32seventeen 04-15-2013 12:44 PM

I just got my 09, I did not see anyting about recall work being completed on the Carfax. I guess I should check with a dealer?

latitud 04-15-2013 01:27 PM

Just got mine in the mail on Saturday..same thing..parts are not available..which appear to be some kind of "locking patch"...I assume locktite?

RadioFlyer 04-15-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1070313)
it backs off and your whole drive shaft takes a shit onto the highway.

I feel like this recall has been out for months.it dies down, then someone posts about it again. then there's a bunch of hype, then u don't hear about it for a few weeks. it's been recalled for a while, but obviously the letters are just getting to some people. there are probably 50 threads on this recall

ILMAO... I think Chrysler did that to downplay the whole pinion thing. So they let a few serial numbers out at a time hoping by then the original owner sold the truck so the second owner would eat it. Not sure if it carries over or not being a safety recall but I'd bet they were originally hoping that it wouldn't. BTW...I got mine today, (same as the rest , no parts available we'll call you) lol. I'm going to hate having to let these guys put their paws on my truck especially my rearend. No pun intend to the good techs out there but they were letting everyone and anyone do these repairs when the recall first came out. WHICH, btw at the time my dealership denied ever hearing about a recall yet they could be seen on the racks and all over their shop with the guts hanging out, he he...yeah right! Even so my dealership has been A+ five star and beyond helping me so I can't complain.

Ian Campbell 04-15-2013 10:00 PM

I'm the second owner and I just got a letter last week on the recall.

JDM junkie 04-16-2013 07:28 PM

I am the first owner of a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. Just got the recall letter. Also noted is a K17 required repair... So far not too happy with the truck.