DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Want to trade for crewcab (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139442)

nikeman 04-14-2013 10:57 PM

Want to trade for crewcab

I put this in the 2011 forum on accident. Sorry about the double post.

I currently have a 2011 ram outdoorsman with under 20k miles on it. It's a quad can hemi with backup cam and navigation. I line-ex'd the bed also. I need a crew cab since my daughters legs are already kicking me from her car seat and she's only 19 months. There are very few minor scratches on the paint (most were there when I bought the truck). Nothing wrong with the interior that I'm aware of. I have 4 years left on my loan but have paid extra on it every month and have dropped the min payment down over $100 so it would be paid off pretty early.

A 2013 crewcab would be lovely but I'm trying to keep my payments where they are ($450/month) or lower. Maybe a new 2012 is more feasible? What kind of deal can I expect? Is it a bad time to trade? I want all the features that I have now also because I've gotten used to them and I love them! Lol

Ram725 04-14-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 1069851)
I put this in the 2011 forum on accident. Sorry about the double post.

I currently have a 2011 ram outdoorsman with under 20k miles on it. It's a quad can hemi with backup cam and navigation. I line-ex'd the bed also. I need a crew cab since my daughters legs are already kicking me from her car seat and she's only 19 months. There are very few minor scratches on the paint (most were there when I bought the truck). Nothing wrong with the interior that I'm aware of. I have 4 years left on my loan but have paid extra on it every month and have dropped the min payment down over $100 so it would be paid off pretty early.

A 2013 crewcab would be lovely but I'm trying to keep my payments where they are ($450/month) or lower. Maybe a new 2012 is more feasible? What kind of deal can I expect? Is it a bad time to trade? I want all the features that I have now also because I've gotten used to them and I love them! Lol

If you can find a 12 on a dealer lot you'll get a better deal. However not many dealers have any left. I sold out all mine not long ago.

If you sell the truck outright let me know. I've been debating on selling mine. :smileup:

Good luck with your search

RAM EM 04-14-2013 11:33 PM

I would wait a few months and then get a '12. Should be able to get a great deal when they are taking up real estate they need for the '13s.

RAM EM 04-14-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram725 (Post 1069891)
If you can find a 12 on a dealer lot you'll get a better deal. However not many dealers have any left. I sold out all mine not long ago.

If you sell the truck outright let me know. I've been debating on selling mine. :smileup:

Good luck with your search

They're all gone? Already? Sheesh, nevermind what I said, I guess you should try to get one now!

nikeman 04-14-2013 11:41 PM

You mean '14s? They should be on the lots in 5 months or so but then my truck will have more miles and possibly more scratches and what not. I was thinking about going to a dealership tomorrow just to see what they say.

Ram725 04-14-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM EM (Post 1069899)
They're all gone? Already? Sheesh, nevermind what I said, I guess you should try to get one now!

Ya we are out. Maybe a base ST (non express) 2wd demo haha.

The Crow 1994 04-14-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 1069902)
You mean '14s? They should be on the lots in 5 months or so but then my truck will have more miles and possibly more scratches and what not. I was thinking about going to a dealership tomorrow just to see what they say.

Can't hurt to find out what's out there and what kind of deal you can make. Good luck whichever way you decide.

nikeman 04-14-2013 11:55 PM

Really wish I got a crew cab to begin with. I got it right before my daughter was born and test fitted the car seat and all looked fine. I didn't account for the fact that she would actually grow over time. Lol

Ram725 04-14-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 1069918)
Really wish I got a crew cab to begin with. I got it right before my daughter was born and test fitted the car seat and all looked fine. I didn't account for the fact that she would actually grow over time. Lol

Ya I understand that. Hopefully whichever dealer you go to will help you. A lot of dealers are stocking up trucks for the summer. We've bought a couple this week.

RAM EM 04-15-2013 12:05 AM

I just found 79 new 2012 four door RAMs within a 200 mile radius of me on Autotrader. I guess it depends on where you are.