DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Gonefishin to the rescue (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139475)

gonefishin776 04-15-2013 09:12 AM

Gonefishin to the rescue

So I know I suck, I don't have any pictures...but had a pretty cool experience this weekend.

I went back to the spot that I posted pics from last week, because it had rained and my one buddy hadn't seen the spot yet. So he wanted to check it out with me. We get back there and it's way muddier since the rain we had on friday. I come around the corner and there isn't 1..but 2 trucks stuck back there.

truck 1: 1995/96 ish f150..bone stock. Stock street tires.
truck 2: some izuzu or pathfinder or somethin, mid 90's...bone stock.

The f150 went through the big muddy whole and buried his front end up above the bumper. The izuzu getting to his rear bumper and got stuck like 30 feet away.

So they were sure glad to see me. I had to pull the izuzu thing out first which was cake, in order to get to the f150. There was dry land in FRONT of the f150..but his bumper was buried and he didn't have anything good to hook to on the front anyway.

So I had to come at an angle across the ruts he was in..2 medium yanks..no dice. One last yank and I ripped him out of there. the dumbass didn't know how to STOP backing up and almost slammed into my tailgate. i was watching him of course so i kept driving forward so he didn't hit me. He finally stopped and gave a whoop of joy that we got him out.

They weren't from the area and were already there about 1.5 hours and would have been there A LOT longer had I not come through. I gave him my number in case he got stuck leaving the hole (we were going out separate entrances). He didn't get stuck again, but they both said they'd think twice about what they try to go through in their bone stock trucks.

05cr125r 04-15-2013 09:15 AM

thats awesome bro...gotta be a good feeling pulling out a Ford !

gonefishin776 04-15-2013 09:39 AM

haha, just felt good helpin someone out in general. I can just imagine feeling of "shit im gonna be stuck here for A WHILE! and by some miracle someone happens to be coming through the same spot and is able to help.

Big bad dodge, chevy, ford, toyota, nissan.. i dont care what kind of truck it was...with bald ass street tires..NO ONE was getting through there. it wasn't even THAT BAD...just nothin they should have been playin in with their set up.

Gotta remember, I'm a Ford guy at heart. family tradition...but I love my ram too :)

Grubrunner 04-15-2013 09:43 AM

You suck for not having pictures!

:LOL:

gonefishin776 04-15-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1070158)
You suck for not having pictures!

I know I know. I felt it'd be rude to be like "yo man, film this while I'll pull your sorry asses out!"

I could tell they were tired and aggravated and just wanted to get out of there. So i didn't want to waste their time. It literally all happened in about 10 minutes then we were all on our way home.

Ramsey88 04-15-2013 10:50 AM

Nice, bro. Know they were happy to see you pull up! I wanna go muddin, but since I'm only 2wd i keep my butt on the asphalt. Gotta know what your rig can handle.

Canadian Hemi Pride 04-15-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1070156)
haha, just felt good helpin someone out in general. I can just imagine feeling of "shit im gonna be stuck here for A WHILE! and by some miracle someone happens to be coming through the same spot and is able to help.

Big bad dodge, chevy, ford, toyota, nissan.. i dont care what kind of truck it was...with bald ass street tires..NO ONE was getting through there. it wasn't even THAT BAD...just nothin they should have been playin in with their set up.

Gotta remember, I'm a Ford guy at heart. family tradition...but I love my ram too :)

I would have probably left a toyota stuck there :LOL:
But great job... and it is an awesome feeling pulling someone out.. makes the truck feel even more amazing.. except when people are dicks about it... like such----

I pulled one lady out of a ditch before, left my straps at home so got my bud to brings his bros set... pull her out.. she offers to pay my friend money and said thank you and such to him.. who was in his moms car, and didn't even say a word to me.. and she did back into my hitch:4-dontknow:

ShawnC13 04-15-2013 02:51 PM

Cool story but well you know the saying goes
:worthless:

I would have seen how much they were willing to pay!! Then tell them Just being able to tell the story of how I saved these two idiots on the weekend would be enough!!

gonefishin776 04-15-2013 03:21 PM

yea i immediately regretting not taking a video when I texted Blake and the first thing he asked for was a video.

It's bound to happen again.

But here is a funny youtube video. essentially I'm the third guy in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrr3LexXCHk

Canadian Hemi Pride 04-15-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1070402)
yea i immediately regretting not taking a video when I texted Blake and the first thing he asked for was a video.

It's bound to happen again.

But here is a funny youtube video. essentially I'm the third guy in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrr3LexXCHk

:LOL:.. the kid in the dodge was afraid to get dirty in the mud.. guy in the chev wouldn't even take a step out of the truck.. if your gonna play play in the mud.. be prepared to get dirty..