DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Hemifever or whitelightning? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139574)

Matt key 04-16-2013 08:20 AM

Hemifever or whitelightning?

Anybody know which is a better tune for power and getting shit done lol?

CdnoilRAM 04-16-2013 09:34 AM

Whitelightning specializes in trans tuning, hemifever does better in the engine side of things. If it's just tweaks to a tune, then either will be good :smileup:

BC18471 04-16-2013 11:55 AM

I am on the fence as well, and I am going to be getting one today...

Cat Daddy 04-16-2013 12:56 PM

I am running the Hemifever , and like what Sean has done so far , he did make afew changes to shift points and firmness so adds a little smile , I put a lot of road mile on from the IE to Vegas one thing I liked was I jumped 2mpg when on the highway ....depends on what ya want to put down in town light to light but I get almost a full 1 mph . I am sure you cant go wrong either way ..one thing I do need to ask is when in Vegas area better mph then when in the IE ...elevation I guess changes the AFRs and she runs better at higher altitudes?

jdvelchek 04-16-2013 12:56 PM

I'm not trying to seem like a educational source, just saying that I've asked around a lot about the same thing. The basic understanding that I've gathered is hemifever for waking up the beast, spin tires, and to have that kinda fun. Whitelightning for the even more serious track and times guys. I got a daily driver that has my daughter in it half the time, so I'll be going hemifever so I can play on the way to pick her up and such. Both guys sound great. Hemifever throws in his tune when you buy the tuner through him and I understand that the discountautoperformance guys have the tuner with an available whitelightning tune included. Additionally, I know money is money these days, but if you can get up to $500 to $600 dollar range just for the tuner and now get a freebie included; why not eventually try both. It was just a few months ago that everybody ran out to grab the tuner and then had to go get the first tune out-of-pocket. We're lucky to have the DiscountAutoPerformance discount too and excellent presence and customer service on here.

Matt key 04-16-2013 01:13 PM

No doubt about that! Thanks for the input guys, I'm sure ill go with the white lightning tune because of the trans tune. And I'd like to give discount auto most of my business with my build.

BC18471 04-16-2013 03:59 PM

I got the WL tune today. Over the weekend I had my truck at the dealership, so I had it stock. I got some base 0-60 times with the stock tune. I am going to load the canned DS 91 tune here shortly and will get some more times with that tonight. Lastly, I will get the WL numbers in the next day or two. I did not get the trans tune from him...yet. I was shocked...I have the Mopar CAI, y-pipe and magnaflow 14" and my best with the stock tune was 6.39. My best with the DS 91 canned tune was 6.2. Hoping to see some good numbers with the WL tune.

Chris b 04-16-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt key (Post 1071379)
No doubt about that! Thanks for the input guys, I'm sure ill go with the white lightning tune because of the trans tune. And I'd like to give discount auto most of my business with my build.

That's a good way to go (discountautoperformance) those guys will take care of you with anything your needing or wanting to do with your rig.:smileup:

RamTex 04-16-2013 04:20 PM

I dont know much on White Lightening but Sean "Hemi Fever" is the guy i use with my 400 Stroker i put alot of trust into his tunes and he has never let me down on anything.

MF2000 04-16-2013 09:04 PM

I too have used Hemifever on both of my trucks and he has always done an excellent job for me.