DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   My 2013 Outdoorsman (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139773)

DemolitionMan 04-18-2013 01:05 AM

My 2013 Outdoorsman

2 Attachment(s)
If you've been reading the "build status" thread, I finally received my new Outdoorsman on Apr 11th. Unfortunately it was a crazy day - due to a family emergency, I had to literally leave from the dealership in my new truck. I drove that night from Indy to Toledo, and a few days later met my family in South Bend before returning home. In less than a week I put more than 600 miles on my new truck and barely got to see her.

Overall I am very happy with my new truck. Getting used to the dial shifter was weird and I still find myself reaching for the gearstick. I do love the power and the smoothness of the new transmission, though. So far (knock on wood) the 8.4AN is working flawlessly. I am glad I went with a bench seat instead of buckets...I like the roominess of the front cab. The exterior looks great, have not noticed any paint issues yet.

So far the only "problem" is that I can't figure out how to get my phone to send and receive texts....but that's minor.

Here is my old truck at the dealership (2001 SLT, 4x4, 5.9L). My older son was very sad to see her go.

Next is my new Outdoorsman, still shiny after days and days of nothing but rain!

First mod should be tomorrow, adding a TruXedo tonneau cover.

Bhbdvm 04-18-2013 01:25 AM

Looks great. Congratulations.

ONOutdoorsman 04-18-2013 02:02 PM

Holy cramoli. I hope you got some good coin for your 01. That was a nice looking truck.

brandonjansen 04-18-2013 02:05 PM

Looks great! Congrats on the new truck! I've never seen an Outdoorsman with monotone paint and chrome bumpers; I thought they were all two tone with painted bumpers. Is the chrome a new option for 2013?

ONOutdoorsman 04-18-2013 08:46 PM

No. Was first available in 2012.

1968Roadrunner 04-23-2013 06:23 PM

Nice truck! :smileup: :smileup:

DemolitionMan 04-25-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONOutdoorsman (Post 1073693)
Holy cramoli. I hope you got some good coin for your 01. That was a nice looking truck.

I only got $4500 for it. What you can't see in the photo is that the dash was caved in really badly on top. Also, the AC was out and the tires needed replacing. Engine & tranny were in good shape though, and obviously the body was just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1073698)
Looks great! Congrats on the new truck! I've never seen an Outdoorsman with monotone paint and chrome bumpers; I thought they were all two tone with painted bumpers. Is the chrome a new option for 2013?

Thanks. I was told you could not get Maximum Steel with the two tone paint, so I just asked for monotone. Chrome was the standard with monotone on Outdoorsman, I didn't pay for it. Glad I got it though. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1968Roadrunner (Post 1078616)
Nice truck! :smileup: :smileup:

Thanks Roadrunner. I'm really happy with it. The MPG still isn't quite what I was hoping for but much better than the '01.

Taking my Scout Troop camping this weekend, so we'll see how she does off road.

DemolitionMan 05-09-2013 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a birthday present for me and my truck: a new Line-x bedliner with the Boy Scout logo!

The Crow 1994 05-09-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionMan (Post 1093589)
Here is a birthday present for me and my truck: a new Line-x bedliner with the Boy Scout logo!

That is cool looking! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the Line-X cost you?

DemolitionMan 05-09-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 (Post 1093794)
That is cool looking! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the Line-X cost you?

Thanks! The basic Line-x was 420 before tax. adding the graphic was 125 plus some labor, total cost w/tax was 600.