DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Diablo Trinity installed.. Ohh myy. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139940)

Canadian Hemi Pride 04-20-2013 01:02 AM

Diablo Trinity installed.. Ohh myy.

My diablo came in today, and got er installed. Running the 87 performance tune right now.. And oh my what a difference, I am excited to test out the higher octanes and eventually a custom tune. I turned off mds and increased the throttle slightly.. Everything feels and sounds better (yay no more droan:Banana01:).

Now the question about the milage booster setting?
Is it better to run it with MDS on or off? And to switch tunes, do you need to go back to the stock tune first?

Also any advice of any changes that should be done to the 87 octane tune for the best out of it?

fastNugly @ BP 04-20-2013 01:22 AM

SWEETNESS!!!

No comment on the mileage booster as I have yet to even try it. :LOL:

Canadian Hemi Pride 04-20-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Post 1075288)
SWEETNESS!!!

No comment on the mileage booster as I have yet to even try it. :LOL:

Will probably just be used for the hwy drive to work.. Too many cops sitting along the 403 for me to play with speed:LOL:

Btw thanks again for answering those questions for me I texted you earlier:smileup:

RAM EM 04-20-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1075277)
My diablo came in today, and got er installed. Running the 87 performance tune right now.. And oh my what a difference, I am excited to test out the higher octanes and eventually a custom tune. I turned off mds and increased the throttle slightly.. Everything feels and sounds better (yay no more droan:Banana01:).

Now the question about the milage booster setting?
Is it better to run it with MDS on or off? And to switch tunes, do you need to go back to the stock tune first?

Also any advice of any changes that should be done to the 87 octane tune for the best out of it?

Think you're happy now, wait until you get a custom tune! I would leave settings alone other than maybe throttle booster, best to leave that up to job up to your custom tuner. No need to go back to stock, you can change tunes to whatever you like (assuming you have the correct gas, of course). Get a catch can, 180 tstat, and a custom tune if you really wanna wake it up!

fastNugly @ BP 04-20-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride (Post 1075308)
Will probably just be used for the hwy drive to work.. Too many cops sitting along the 403 for me to play with speed:LOL:

Btw thanks again for answering those questions for me I texted you earlier:smileup:

No worries man. Anytime :smiley_thumbs_up:

fastNugly @ BP 04-20-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM EM (Post 1075384)
Think you're happy now, wait until you get a custom tune! I would leave settings alone other than maybe throttle booster, best to leave that up to job up to your custom tuner. No need to go back to stock, you can change tunes to whatever you like (assuming you have the correct gas, of course). Get a catch can, 180 tstat, and a custom tune if you really wanna wake it up!

Keep telling him...... LOL

Canadian Hemi Pride 04-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM EM (Post 1075384)

Alright so throttle booster and Mds off just be the only things I touch.. I don't think I can get a catch can because I have an 08, 09+ can use catch cans.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Post 1075448)
Keep telling him...... LOL

Yeah yeah yeah.. Eventually :LOL:

thunder98110 04-20-2013 04:39 PM

The mpg booster is sweet. Wemt from 315 miles to 410 before the gas light comes on

Chris b 04-20-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunder98110 (Post 1075637)
The mpg booster is sweet. Wemt from 315 miles to 410 before the gas light comes on

I still haven't tried this tune. Guess I should put it in this weekend with the long drives to work and see what it does for me:4-dontknow:

Unfairkickazz93 04-20-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris b (Post 1075640)
I still haven't tried this tune. Guess I should put it in this weekend with the long drives to work and see what it does for me:4-dontknow:

I've been running the MPG tune also. It has also helped my mpg also. I've only been driving city and I am getting 14.5mpg. I havent been nice on the throttle either ;)