DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Laramie Price - good deal? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140125)

orangefan79 04-21-2013 09:27 PM

Laramie Price - good deal?

I'm relatively new to the forum but have found it so informative and helpful - thanks to everyone.

I've been shopping around for a month or so, getting close to making the call on a Max Steel Hemi 8 speed Laramie but am not sure if I'm getting the dealer's best deal. MSRP is 49,770, Dealer is down to 45,617, plus incentives, and claims its invoice. Here are the extras:
  • Leather trimmed bucket seats - 500
  • Convenience Group - 495
  • 8spd tranny - 500
  • Anti Spin - 325
  • Sunroof - 995
  • Chrome Tubular Sidesteps - 525 (wish they were W2W)
  • Uconnect AN - 500
  • Remote Start - 200
  • Class IV hitch - 335
  • Bedliner (spray in) - 475

What are the chances I can get them down another 1500 to 2000 on their sale price before incentives? I'll be making a cash purchase. Anyone struck a similar deal on their laramie? Also, the truck just got on their lot and there aren't a lot in the area - its possible they would be able to sell to a less informed shopper at the "invoice".

Thanks for any help

jgeorg 04-21-2013 09:33 PM

Obviously I'm in Canada, but our our Laramie is within $700 of that truck and that includes the Air Suspension, so being that you're in the states, I assume they could do better. Just me though, others can chime in.

paramednick 04-21-2013 09:35 PM

You can try going on truecar.com
You have to register, but you can build up the truck the way you want it and then get prices from several dealerships in the area. I used that when I bought mine and the dealer was able to beat the other dealers prices.
In the end, if you are happy... so the dealer makes an extra 500... it makes the world go round!

Speedogomer 04-21-2013 09:42 PM

My truck msrp was 41k, and sale price was 34k. Your dealer should be able to do better.

mike mc in canada 04-21-2013 09:47 PM

from what i have been reading rom the z forum - 1)canada 18%-21% off sticker price. u.s. 14%-18% off sticker price- just a guide line-cheers.

crabjoe 04-21-2013 10:09 PM

You can do better then invoice + incentives. Even Costco's buying service is below invoice + incentives and there's no haggling. You just have to be a Costco member.

Gonefishn1212 04-21-2013 10:25 PM

i just picked up a loaded laramie for 42k sticker was 51k generally 8-9 k off if a great deal
ive got every option except rambox and park sence
different dealers have different incentitves, but all have the same manufacturer rebates. shop around online, thats what alot of do, when you find what you like call the dealer and ask whats the bottom line price they can do... i did that and said i had to think about it and then not 5 mins later they called me back taking off an extra 600$...
i drove 1050 miles to get the truck... if i had ordered from my dealer or if they had the truck i wanted on their lot, i would have only gotten the rebates.
dont settle you wont be happy with you truck.. i didnt and i love my truck, i now call it my forever truck. i have no regrets.

Explorer Rob 04-21-2013 11:38 PM

There are several memberships that will get you 1% below invoice. Costco, Chrysler Affiliates member and Progressive Insurance were all available to me. The system that Progressive uses (I can't remember the name of it) is available to anyone though. I initially went in with my Chrysler Affiliates member paperwork but before ordering I told the dealer he had to do better. I knew for a fact I could get a better deal if I was willing to drive for it and I let them know I wasn't against driving for a better deal. They took another 1% off. So I ordered my Longhorn MSRP $54795, invoice is $49705. My price after the current $2250 factory rebates and extra 2% is $46460.90 before doc fees & tax & license.

CharlieL 04-21-2013 11:38 PM

I agree completely with Gonefishn.... I did very much the same thing. Using the Dodge website I shopped the county for a Laramie that had all options I wanted & none I didn't. The MSRP was 50,615 & my final price was 40,050. I drove 750 miles one-way to get the truck. I did give my local dealer a shot at my business, though as well. I took the sticker of the truck (from on-line) and asked them to build me a truck with the identical options. Told them that if they could beat the out-of-state dealer's price I'd buy from them. They wanted to know what the deal was I'd made & of course I wouldn't tell them. Their "best price" was $5,000 more - so that cinched the deal for me.

In my opinion, take the time to get what you want; but if you've found what you want the 'best price' for you is the price you are willing to pay....

Good luck!.... Charlie

orangefan79 04-22-2013 12:49 PM

Thanks for the info - it sounds like I can work the price down some more. I'll update if I do. Also looking into the Costco pricing.