DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Bedrug bed liner (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140256)

Farmer1 04-23-2013 09:05 AM

Bedrug bed liner

Just going to pickup my new bighorn . Not sure of what to get for a bed liner .
Have hard plastic in my Z71 work good --keeps the scratches and dents at bay . But way slippery if you are carrying something unstrapped .

Like te spray in liner buy a bit to grippy ( ? ) pain in the neck to drag anything out of the box and would not protect against dings that well .

Just found a product called a bedrug . Looks like the best of both worlds and I can remove it . Can not seem to find anyone with 1st hand experience with the product .

Anyone here use one ?

Thanks , Farmer1

Jjaszkow 04-23-2013 09:29 AM

My father has this and absolutely loves it. I was surprised at how stain resistant it is, and it definitely does a great job of protecting the cargo. It has a bit of cushion, so protects the box a bit from dents. I personally am still on the fence, since with my spray in liner, I can simply sweep any debris out of the box rather than having to find a hose or vacuum.

Lawdog4817 04-23-2013 09:44 AM

You can sweep a Bedrug as well. My order for a bedrug mat will be here Wed. I just ordered the matt and not the whole thing...no sides etc...
I really don't use the bed other then putting bags of mulch and suitcases for trips etc in the back of the truck..so I felt the matt was the only part I needed. Also the savings in cost I was able to buy a roll up Tonneau Cover.

On The Road 04-23-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer1 (Post 1078118)
Just going to pickup my new bighorn . Not sure of what to get for a bed liner .
Have hard plastic in my Z71 work good --keeps the scratches and dents at bay . But way slippery if you are carrying something unstrapped .

Like te spray in liner buy a bit to grippy ( ? ) pain in the neck to drag anything out of the box and would not protect against dings that well .

Just found a product called a bedrug . Looks like the best of both worlds and I can remove it . Can not seem to find anyone with 1st hand experience with the product .

Anyone here use one ?

Thanks , Farmer1

I bought the DEE ZEE Bed rug on Amazon. It was $60 or so delivered.
It is fantasic! Really good quality and fits perfect.:smileup:

Hermes1 04-23-2013 11:03 AM

I absolutely love my Bed Rug liner, serves my purposes well. A side benefit is it is easy on the knees.

jdvelchek 04-23-2013 11:10 AM

I have a full bed rug and love it. It has gone through 2 Illinois winters without any problems. I've never had to redo any of the velcro. I do not have a tonneau cover either, though I plan to get one with tax $$$$ this year. My nephew has had one for even longer and has no complaints either. Just do not get any gas on it. Gas is the only thing that has stained or melted the ABS plastic fibers that it is made out of.

GTyankee 04-23-2013 11:23 AM

The only negative comment that i have heard about with the Bedrug is that
when you haul bales of hay, some of the straw may get caught in the weave & you just pluck it out

Dogs & kids love it & you could easily take a nap on it

If you should get in an accident & bed is damaged, the body shop just pulls the bedrug up & start fixing, with a spray in liner, they charge extra to remove the spray liner, so they can do a repair

TigerPaw 04-23-2013 01:06 PM

I too have been thinking about one of these and I'm pretty much sold on them based on everything I have read. Anyone know where I can get the best price?

Hermes1 04-23-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 1078209)
The only negative comment that i have heard about with the Bedrug is that
when you haul bales of hay, some of the straw may get caught in the weave & you just pluck it out

Dogs & kids love it & you could easily take a nap on it

If you should get in an accident & bed is damaged, the body shop just pulls the bedrug up & start fixing, with a spray in liner, they charge extra to remove the spray liner, so they can do a repair

Good to know, I had not considered that, even more glad I have one.

brandonjansen 04-23-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerPaw (Post 1078288)
I too have been thinking about one of these and I'm pretty much sold on them based on everything I have read. Anyone know where I can get the best price?

I'm not sure if Discount Auto Performance sells them or not but they would be the first guys to contact. Jeremiah or Andrew will get you the best pricing on pretty much any aftermarket part you need.

Jeremiah: jhinkle1989@discountautoperformance
Andrew: fastNugly@discountautoperformance