DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Removing Fuel Door (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140409)

Jettle 04-24-2013 09:42 PM

Removing Fuel Door

Does anyone know how to remove the fuel door on a 2013 2500 6.7l? There are two torqx srews that are easy to get to but there are two others inside the filler area that I cant seem to figure out how to remove.

Thanks!

Jettle 04-24-2013 11:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pictures. I've circled the screws that I am having trouble removing.

HorseMan 04-25-2013 12:42 AM

Might have some luck posting over on diesel side...I saw a flexible shaft screw driver in Sears the other day that might work. It's a normal screw driver, but the shaft is flexible for hard to reach places. Just an idea?

Jettle 04-25-2013 12:59 AM

Hi HorseMan,

Thanks for the response. The problem is that I can only see the back of the screws. I attached a couple pictures above but they may be hard to make out. I peaked up under the truck and can't get to them for there either.

HorseMan 04-25-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jettle (Post 1080016)
Hi HorseMan,

Thanks for the response. The problem is that I can only see the back of the screws. I attached a couple pictures above but they may be hard to make out. I peaked up under the truck and can't get to them for there either.

Are you sure those have to come out to remove door? You might pull up the part on the Mopar parts site and see if you can tell how it's installed...sometimes there is a parts sketch or diagram? Maybe try parts counter at dealer? I'm just tossing out ideas...

HorseMan 04-25-2013 01:07 AM

A better idea might be to try an auto body shop. If you're just replacing the fuel door, I know those nice chrome ones come with instructions...sort of reverse engineering, if you will. Grubrunner on here has a nice fuel door on his 1500... Might PM him. May not be same door on 2500?

RyanJM 04-25-2013 01:09 AM

I haven't pulled a dodge fuel door yet. I could use a few wider pics. If you pull the screws to drop the filler neck and get the plate out of the way can you get to them that way. If you take a few pics further out where I can see the whole thing I maybe able to give you more input.

Jettle 04-25-2013 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the responces guys. I bought the moper chrome fuel door and it arrived today. I've attached a picture and circled the holes that the problem screws are coming through. They included directions, but they were not updated to show pictures of the new bracket. The pictures in the directions show a flat bracket.

Jettle 04-25-2013 02:10 AM

Also, I forgot to add. The truck just turned over 100 miles, so I havent just started just removing stuff until I get to them like I usually would. :-)

RyanJM 04-25-2013 02:21 AM

Well I checked my 1500 and they don't use those holes they are just empty. After looking at the general location the only way I can see to access them is to pull out the couple screws holding the black plastic that keeps the filler neck in place dropping it out of the way, should give you some limited acess to the screws. It will be tight but you should be able to remove them, swap the cover, put them in the screw the filler neck back in place. Just my .02 from what I can see. If I had a 2500 I could have been a little more precise.