DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Sensor problems (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140445)

joe102951 04-25-2013 08:00 AM

Sensor problems

when i try to start my truck every morning, it will turn over like 2 or 3 times then stop. i try it again and same thing. it takes about 4 or 5 times before it starts.(after its warmed up it starts 1st time sometimes) when i drive it it drives fine. but when i come to a stop the idle is really low sometimes it shuts off. and sometimes when i come to a stop and put it in park it shuts off. actually that happens alot. Ive replaced the IAC/IAT sensor and the other senor on the throttle body. and still does it. when it finally starts in the mornings it will idle normal for about a few mins then the idle goes really low. sometimes it dies . an once in awhile it will rev up then go low then rev up again and then go low . Am ready to drive it off a cliff lol. i cant figure out what is wrong. but when i drive it it runs fine its when i come to a stop that the idle is really low and dies out sometimes. DOES ANY`1 KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE?

snrusnak 04-25-2013 09:26 AM

Do you have any check engine lights? I'm wondering if it could be the cam position sensor.

joe102951 04-25-2013 09:33 AM

yes pcode 0113 a sensor has high voltage or somthing like that. but it just came on when i disconnected the battery for like 2hrs.

snrusnak 04-25-2013 09:40 AM

That's the only code?

Try removing the IAT sensor and leaving it off and see if drive ability improves. You said you already tried replacing the IAT sensor, correct? It may be the connection or the harness. Check for a frayed wire, etc. at the IAT or near the IAT.

joe102951 04-25-2013 09:43 AM

thanks all try it on my way to work. it should run right ? lol

SuperiorStyles 04-25-2013 09:45 AM

I just had this problem 2 months ago. What I found I will tell you to do first before going crazy changing sensors and wasting money. When I had the problem I changed the Crank and Camshaft sensors and the problem continued well after continuing to have the issue I cleaned the Throttle body completely and replaced my Intake air Temp sensor and amazing it helped and I have not had a problem since. If I was you do the reverse of what I did cleaned the throttle body real good and replace the Intake Air temp sensor check it out see if it fixes the problem .

snrusnak 04-25-2013 09:47 AM

Yes it should lol. Removing the IAT will decrease performance but it will run ok. If you have an issue with the harness/connector you may be getting a temperature reading that is WAY off. This might cause driveability problems. The sensor works on a voltage that is read by the computer and translated to a temperature. So say 1v = 50 deg F and 4v = 200 deg F (I'm making the numbers up). If it's got an issue in the harness/connector it may be reading the wrong voltage. So say it's supposed to be reading 70 deg F and it's incorrectly reading 200 deg F it will adjust the air/fuel ratio incorrectly.

I'm not sure this is your problem, but start here. Usually IAT sensors make minor adjustments that wouldn't cause your issue. Are you sure that's the only check engine code?

joe102951 04-25-2013 09:47 AM

Thanks i will try that !!!

joe102951 04-25-2013 09:49 AM

yes so far its the only code comming up

joe102951 04-25-2013 09:53 AM

let me make sure am thinking of the right sensor .... its located on the black air box right? not on the intake manifold? cause i see a spot next to the throttle body on the intake but nothing is screwed into it..