DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   OK! I've just about had it. Help me pick my rims/tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140729)

ckage83 04-28-2013 04:55 PM

OK! I've just about had it. Help me pick my rims/tires

I'm kinda new here, but I've been reading just about everything possible for my new rim/tire/suspension setup.

I got the green light from the wife you pull the trigger on pretty much whatever I want. :SHOCKED:

I've got an 11' Ram 1500 Long Horn with a Top Gun Cutomz leveling kit. 2 3/4 in the front and 3/4 in the rear. Thats going out the window for a full BDS 4" suspension lift with Bilsteins in the front and the dual steering stabilizer. That seems pretty set in stone now.

I'm looking to run 35/12.5/20s on the truck. I know they'll fit fine with the lift and the front shocks set correctly. (looking to make the truck as level as possible)

Now for the real dilemma: Rims. I've narrowed it down to the following:
-Fuel Hostage 20X9 ??Offset
-Fuel Throttle 20X9 ?? Offset
OR
-Fuel Maverick 20X10 (looks like they only have -19mm offset)

Now I'm absoutely in love with the Mavericks. I dont mind the price, I'll get over it. But I'm concerend about fitment with the suspension and or the tires sticking out WAAAY beyond the fender. I know all of the rims will stick out a bit and I plan on running a set of bushwhacker pocket fender flares.

What I'm really needing help with is determining the offset I can run and achieve the desired look/fitment. Also, a good source on the rims/tires would be a geat help too.

Here is the beast at rest.....waiting for an early christmas:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...730_153530.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...730_153459.jpg

gonefishin776 04-28-2013 05:05 PM

the 20x10 with a -19mm offset will stick out around 2" and those flares cover around 2/2.5" so that set up will be perfect.

contact jhinkle1989@discountautoperformance.com for a quote on everything

Ryanb 04-28-2013 05:51 PM

I believe all of the fuel rims are on back order at the moment. I was looking into the hostage and maverick myself but i didnt want to wait for them.

brandonjansen 04-28-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1083165)
the 20x10 with a -19mm offset will stick out around 2" and those flares cover around 2/2.5" so that set up will be perfect.

contact jhinkle1989@discountautoperformance.com for a quote on everything

:iagree: if you're going with pocket flares you definitely want a 20x10 wheel with anywhere between -12 and -24 offset.

Jeremiah is a great guy to contact too. I ordered my Fuel Hostage rims and Toyo MT's from him 2 weeks ago. Im hoping they'll be in this week. He was definitely the most helpful in helping me figure out exactly what I needed and had the best price on the set up.

gonefishin776 04-28-2013 06:45 PM

that's the only regret I have goin down to a 17" wheel. they are only 8.5" and I like the look of 20x10s :( oh well. next set up!

mattman13 04-29-2013 01:28 AM

Def the rims you're in love with. With the -19mm offset. If not yo will regret it.

The bushwackers may even stick out further than the tires. The flares I have are rivet style but add 2" of coverage. They are from stampede. Just trying to give you alternatives. I can't stand my flares sticking out further than my tires :( hopefully not for long haha

RyanJM 04-30-2013 02:11 AM

I think the mavericks in 20x10 would look good. I was planning on 18x10 throttles. I like the wider rims.

fastNugly @ BP 04-30-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanb (Post 1083188)
I believe all of the fuel rims are on back order at the moment. I was looking into the hostage and maverick myself but i didnt want to wait for them.

This ^^
BUT there are some throttles available as of today

We can work with you to provide options for rims or take an order and get them in que for when the wheels become available

Also, we can do the Bilsteins and BDS kit for you as well :smileup:

One stop shop.
Let us know

You can send me an email fastNugly@discountautoperformance.com or my partner Jeremiah
Either way, we will get you squared up

gonefishin776 04-30-2013 12:28 PM

^^^^^^ he's da man!!!!!!!!!

bknife 04-30-2013 01:19 PM

Hey ckage I saw you commented on my my thread so Im guessing you saw my pictures of my set up..but the throttles are a sick wheel and flow nice with the chrome bumpers since we have the same truck...LOL... The pics dont do the look justice seeing the 35s with the -24 offset in person is much better!