DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Tpms................ (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140796)

Ram Dude 04-29-2013 01:16 AM

Tpms................

So I purchased a set of 26s for my truck this past weekend. I know they came off a 4TH GEN ram cause the pics in the ad had them on one. When I asked the seller what year it was he told me it was a 13. Now from what I've seen the 1500 lettering is underneath the RAM lettering on both front doors on 13's, but the one in the add had the 1500 next to the RAM lettering as on my old 11. Reason I'm asking is because he said the rims still had the TPMS installed. So I thought awesome, all I have to do is install them. When I show up to meet the guy at a storage unit a girl and her boyfriend also show up with the key to the unit. She opens it and I look at the rims. I ask the guy again if the TPMS are still in it and he turns to the girl and asks her, she says yes. So right then I doubted them a little but still felt at ease because I knew that I had a new set of TPMS's sitting at the house. So is there anyway to check to see is they indeed have TMPS's installed? I'm thinking about taking them to discount tire and asking them if the have some sort of scanner. And if they do can they also tell me what frequency they are transmitting at?????????
Long read, but I appreciate the responses.

brandonjansen 04-29-2013 02:43 AM

You are correct about the 1500 badging on the '13's. It should be under the Ram, not beside it. As far as checking goes, I'm not totally sure what the easiest way to do it is. I would say just bolt them on the truck and see if they work. I don't think they have to be scanned to work like the old style TPMS sensors do. I believe the truck will pick up on them and should work. That's what I've been told at least.

Asur 04-29-2013 08:38 AM

The TPMS for all 4th gen trucks is all the same, 10-13. As far as how to check if they are installed, any Tire shop will have a TPMS detector, they put a huge magnet on the tire near the valve and then check for the TPMS with a unit, the unit will then tell them the frequency of the TPMS and if its working.

Ram Dude 04-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1083760)
The TPMS for all 4th gen trucks is all the same, 10-13. As far as how to check if they are installed, any Tire shop will have a TPMS detector, they put a huge magnet on the tire near the valve and then check for the TPMS with a unit, the unit will then tell them the frequency of the TPMS and if its working.

That's awesome news brother!!!!!! Now can anyone tell me if the tread size is the same on all 4th GEN's, specially 13's?

Ram Dude 04-30-2013 08:43 PM

Found the thread size. Now I need to know what the outside diameter of the hub is for a 1500 so I can get a set of hub rings. Anyone??????????????

Asur 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

Check out tirerack, you could simulate an order of a set of rims for your truck, it should at the end tell you that you need concentric rings and that they come with them, I am not sure but it might tell you the size there. Just a thought

Ram Dude 04-30-2013 09:47 PM

I tried it but it didn't give me any size on the bore. All I know right now it the bore size for a 12 is 77.8. I wouldn't imagine them changing the size for a 13 but you never know.............

Asur 04-30-2013 10:23 PM

So many things changed on the 2013 from the prior models It would not surprise me if they changed that also. Actually you could probably just call a wheel company and ask them.