DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Laramie with Bench - ordering restricted (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140880)

tractorsnowman 04-29-2013 11:00 PM

Laramie with Bench - ordering restricted

Hello all,
New to forum - been lurking awhile. Just went and tried to order a new Laramie with a 40/20/40 front bench and dealer called back and said that they could not place such an order at this time - front bench seat ordering was restricted. He said they will check again tomorrow. Found this interesting. I have 4 kids and a wife and want to be able to put them all in the truck. Very hard to find a bench seat in the Laramie (with Rambox, air-suspension etc. makes it even tougher).
Anyone encounter something similar?
L

madhatr02 04-29-2013 11:08 PM

In most of the higher end packages (Laramie, longhorn and others) they have the console shifter. In order to pull this off the middle seat is replaced with a console.

On Ford's same thing the Lariat, King Ranch, etc all have the console shifter so no bench seat.

I feel your pain I have 4 kids and we can't take my truck as a family............darn:gy:

tractorsnowman 04-29-2013 11:14 PM

But with 8 speed twisty knob on dash there is no console shifter anymore right? What is the point? It looked like the bucket seats were a $500 option and the base was the bench (though I can't find one anywhere).
L

zokybe 04-30-2013 12:40 AM

I got lucky and found the truck your after. Ive got 4 kids and the wife also. I've had mine about 2 1/2 weeks. Laramie, bench, two tone leather, 8 spd, ram box, 3.92 gears push button start etc. etc. the only thing I'm missing is the air suspension. I couldn't order mine either. This was the closest I could find. The air would be nice but what can you do? There was a restriction on 3.92's (which i need for the trailer) when I went to order mine. I got lucky because a dealer in Lethbridge, Alberta ordered one identical to mine minus the air and missed the buckets option box when they ordered it earlier this year. Have the dealer do a dealership search to see if what your looking for is already on a lot. They can now see what other dealers have on order. So you can see what they have coming. That's how I found mine. I do know that the bench is not an option in the sport and Laramie longhorn's, but it is available in the Laramie's.

Hope that helps!!

Ram725 04-30-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zokybe (Post 1084714)
I got lucky and found the truck your after. Ive got 4 kids and the wife also. I've had mine about 2 1/2 weeks. Laramie, bench, two tone leather, 8 spd, ram box, 3.92 gears push button start etc. etc. the only thing I'm missing is the air suspension. I couldn't order mine either. This was the closest I could find. The air would be nice but what can you do? There was a restriction on 3.92's (which i need for the trailer) when I went to order mine. I got lucky because a dealer in Lethbridge, Alberta ordered one identical to mine minus the air and missed the buckets option box when they ordered it earlier this year. Have the dealer do a dealership search to see if what your looking for is already on a lot. They can now see what other dealers have on order. So you can see what they have coming. That's how I found mine. I do know that the bench is not an option in the sport and Laramie longhorn's, but it is available in the Laramie's.

Hope that helps!!

My dealer just got a 2013 Laramie 4wd without a center console?!? I don't know how hard it was to get it but its out there. You have to remember the 13s with luxury are hard to locate. You'll have to build it most likely. Still not a ton of variations out there on lots and if they are many of us aren't trading.

aepowell 04-30-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram725 (Post 1084760)
My dealer just got a 2013 Laramie 4wd with a center console?!? I don't know how hard it was to get it but its out there. You have to remember the 13s with luxury are hard to locate. You'll have to build it most likely. Still not a ton of variations out there on lots and if they are many of us aren't trading.

He wants one without the console.

Ram725 04-30-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aepowell (Post 1084786)
He wants one without the console.

OOPS I MEANT WITHOUT... :smileup: I'll edit it

jlc41 04-30-2013 09:50 AM

OP, I feel your pain. I went to order a 4x2 Laramie 8sp and was told they couldn't do it. I could get the exact truck in a 4x4 though. But I don't want a 4x. Somebody really screwed the pouch on the supply of these trucks. While I was at the dealer he had a Laramie 4x4 with the bench seat. Wish you luck

Powerwagon 46 04-30-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractorsnowman (Post 1084612)
Hello all,
New to forum - been lurking awhile. Just went and tried to order a new Laramie with a 40/20/40 front bench and dealer called back and said that they could not place such an order at this time - front bench seat ordering was restricted. He said they will check again tomorrow. Found this interesting. I have 4 kids and a wife and want to be able to put them all in the truck. Very hard to find a bench seat in the Laramie (with Rambox, air-suspension etc. makes it even tougher).
L

Have you tried a SLT or Big Horn? Based on my searching the odds of finding a bench seat on one of these are pretty good.

sailcat 04-30-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractorsnowman (Post 1084612)
Hello all,
L

I didn't want a center console either so I ordered a bench in mine. The dealer ordered 2 by mistake. I don't know where you are in TN but the dealer (Mullins) still has one on the lot. 2013 CC Laramie Black, 3.55 4X4 Conv. pack, trailer hitch with controller, CD player, Nav, 8 speed, remote start. I can give you the name of a good salesman if interested.