DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help me tune my truck and become my favorite person! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140923)

littlegirlbigtruck 04-30-2013 02:54 PM

Help me tune my truck and become my favorite person!

Okay, so I know that I have been posting a lot of questions lately, sorry about that boys, but you all have helped me out a ton in the past month!

I purchased Darkknight3829's Superchips Flashpaq3865 tuner last week and he shipped it out quickly and it came in perfect condition! I was wondering, can you guys help me tune my 2003 1500 with a 4.7 for the economy setting? Also, I heard that this tuner might be able to correct my speedometer issue (it shows that I am going 10 MPH slower than I really am, because of the wheel size obviously. But it has been re-geared) is this possible?

Remember guys, this is my first truck. I have always been a fast European sports car kind of girl, until I decided to fall in love with the biggest truck around my town.

You guys are the best! I will buy whoever helps (all of you) a drink if we ever have a truck meet in Northern California!

gonefishin776 04-30-2013 02:59 PM

I have the same tuner and it's pretty intuitive

for the tire size: get a tape measure and measure exactly the diameter and change it. I might not be able to go all the way to 38" tho

there should be a setting to change your gear ratio too (or better yet tell you computer what rear end you actually have)

just put it on the economy tune, although i think ull be disappointed, I'd put it on a high octane tune. it's really not that much more at the pump and ull see better results.

I wouldn't mess with rev settings and shift points, just set everything to the SuperChips option

littlegirlbigtruck 04-30-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1085141)
I have the same tuner and it's pretty intuitive

for the tire size: get a tape measure and measure exactly the diameter and change it. I might not be able to go all the way to 38" tho

there should be a setting to change your gear ratio too (or better yet tell you computer what rear end you actually have)

just put it on the economy tune, although i think ull be disappointed, I'd put it on a high octane tune. it's really not that much more at the pump and ull see better results.

I wouldn't mess with rev settings and shift points, just set everything to the SuperChips option

Winner winner! Thank you!

ILuvaMyTrucka 04-30-2013 04:05 PM

Dam, there goes my drink.

gonefishin776 04-30-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvaMyTrucka (Post 1085196)

you can have it.....

littlegirlbigtruck 04-30-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvaMyTrucka (Post 1085196)

Keystone Lights for everyone! :smiley_thumbs_up:

gonefishin776 04-30-2013 04:48 PM

how did you know that's my beer? creep

littlegirlbigtruck 04-30-2013 05:59 PM

Alright. The tuner ****ed up my truck! I didn't resize the wheels before and it set off the sensor for my emergency brake and ABS. I had to set it back to stock but now my truck randomly shuts off if I am going below 5 miles per hour. It just did it 6 times in a 8 mile drive, including pulling into a gas station.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH MY TRUCK

gonefishin776 04-30-2013 06:02 PM

oh my goodness. what did you do.

littlegirlbigtruck 04-30-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1085302)
oh my goodness. what did you do.

I did exactly what SuperChips told me to do. It completely ****ed up my truck.