DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MDS for your 4.7 now available, 20% fuel savings (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=140944)

Asur 04-30-2013 07:01 PM

MDS for your 4.7 now available, 20% fuel savings

Just for those who have not seen my thread on this, here is the link, I presently have this installed and fine tuned the last details today, will see how good it works over the next weeks but up to date I am starting to like this thing.

Here is the link to my original thread.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139712

Zippo973 05-01-2013 10:24 AM

Good. Keep posting we are very interested. Thanks zip

Twinkeys0816 05-02-2013 02:03 PM

thats really good. please keep us posted this is very very interesting. thumbs up on the pics and videos.

Asur 05-02-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkeys0816 (Post 1087127)
thats really good. please keep us posted this is very very interesting. thumbs up on the pics and videos.

Yup, did it myself, if you look at the whole post this one links to you will see what I did.

Twinkeys0816 05-03-2013 02:14 AM

yeah lol i checked the link out thats how i saw the pics and vid. im not really all that good about electricals but i sure aint dumb either. it looks like its very hard to install it but id really like to try it out aswell.

Twinkeys0816 05-03-2013 02:24 AM

gonna wait for your next post to see how much gains you got on the mpg..hehe. then maybe ill buy it before getting my tuner. or should i go tuner 1st

brandonjansen 05-03-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkeys0816 (Post 1087958)
gonna wait for your next post to see how much gains you got on the mpg..hehe. then maybe ill buy it before getting my tuner. or should i go tuner 1st

I'd go tuner first just because it will give you better fuel economy along with so many other things. The changed shift points is the biggest thing you'll notice. So much nicer with the Bully Dog. A little more power and torque never hurts either ;)

Asur 05-03-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkeys0816 (Post 1087958)

I went tuner first, got the Bully dog Hemi +, running it on the 87 Tune, I love my truck since I installed the Tuner, the 91+ tune was real nice but I brought it back down till the Summer fuel comes in. you wont save fuel with the tuner, well i didn't, you will probably use more if your like me. lmao , I love the feel of the truck now so I am a heavy on the pedal, hence the Fuel smart, seriously right now, I feel I am getting 10% better fuel economy, will really know at the end of the tank, but have not been on the road much. Will keep you's all posted. If anybody has questions on the install don't be shy. As for how hard, to do a nice job, you need to take the time, as for hard, the hard part was finding the info on where to link it too, and getting to the injectors way out in the back of the engine. I would only buy there Plug and play vers, I can't see myself soldering in 20 connections into the wiring harness. With the plug and play you only cut into 2 wires, the TB wire at A6 and the Brake wire at the connector A6 also.

snrusnak 05-10-2013 02:44 PM

I want to know how much it's helping. Real world gains. 20% + sounds great but I'm still skeptical. Hopefully it works though...

Asur 05-10-2013 03:11 PM

ya me also, I want to know, lmao, I still got half a tank left, should fill it up this weekend, should, up to date the thing I have found is you cannot base yourself on the Computer for Avr Fuel economy, you have to calculate it manually. Which is why I have been waiting for my next fill up to find out. Do I think I am saving fuel, Yes, cause I find my tank is going down slower than it has in the past, Am I really saving more fuel, will find out soon, I want to be sure before I tell people it works, I have been off the job all week so have not been using my truck but for personnel stuff, City and transporting twice over 1400lbs of wood with it lol. So should have info soon.