DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   No paint on brackets ? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141086)

bendodge 05-02-2013 08:20 AM

No paint on brackets ?

Opened up my kit and the brackets are unpainted ? Is this the way they are supposed to be ? For the price they get for these you would think they would be painted or have a rust preventative coating.The air line on the passenger side runs dangerously close to the exhaust and they provide no protective sleeve for the air line, other cheaper brands do. To protect the line I ordered a 25 ' roll of Mr Gasket 1/4 " thermal sleeve for $19.99 so the cost is not expensive for the added protection.
Has anyone had the airline melt from the exhaust and do the brackets rust quickly because they are bare metal ?

jdvelchek 05-02-2013 01:27 PM

There official answer would be that they e-dip the frame and stuff at the factory. As, far as the air line, 3 years and a no. Not yet.

scuba0331 05-02-2013 03:11 PM

I had some protective sleeve laying around as well. I used it because I figured I had it laying around so I may as well use it and not wonder if the tubing would melt or not! Lol.

All of my wires and airlines have been wrapped either using corrugated wrap or the protective heat sleeve.

I am sending my aircompressor back after only 4 months.

My brackets were painted black so I'm not sure why yours are not. You may want to call.

TLC John 05-02-2013 04:06 PM

BenD. Please let me check on that.

Scuba. Unfortunately yours is the first compressor we have had fail. As you know we don't make the compressors but we stand behind them.

TLC John 05-03-2013 10:50 AM

BendD. Some units were sent without plating.

If you want new pieces, please send me a PM and we'll arrange it.

We haven't had a problem running the air lines. We suggest going over the frame to stay away from the exhaust. We include zip ties for this.

fast31 05-09-2013 02:22 AM

my plates were unpainted as well...

bendodge 05-11-2013 08:44 AM

Painted brackets

I have not received my painted brackets. I need to get this kit installed because I am going on vacation next week with the truck and camper. I requested the replacement painted brackets on 5/3/13

bendodge 05-11-2013 09:33 PM

Paint on brackets

I received a email from a TLC asking me to call them ( a contact to ask for was given and that is who I talked to)and they stated that they stopped powder coating the brackets in November of 2012 as a cost cutting measure. She said when they find a more affordable powder coat provider they would send me replacement brackets but until then I could install the kit as is or paint/powder coat them at my expense, other option was return the kit for refund. I leave for vacation next week so I will be painting them and installing this weekend. So for anyone that received unpainted brackets you may want to put a coat of paint on them as there is no corrosion protection on them.

pgorday 04-01-2014 10:06 AM

Should the top and bottom metal parts of the air bag be painted also?

TLC John 04-01-2014 11:48 AM

The top and bottom of the air bags are aluminum so no need to paint them.