DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Order Frustrations?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141141)

ss3079 05-02-2013 07:40 PM

Order Frustrations??

I signed the deal and the dealer ordered my CC/6'4/Hemi+8 speed Sport April 16th.

From what I gather from reading this board, the 8 speed is now on restriction on some models.

I just got off the phone with the dealership, who is now going back and forth with Ram trying to figure out why/how they are wanting to change a sold order from three weeks ago ... and put a 6 speed transmission in my truck. Has anyone else heard this???

If this is the case, they can either a) get me the exact truck that I ordered, b) order me a '14 when order banks open for the same price as what I negotiated for the '13, or c) give me a ride over to Ford or GM. This should be a fun experience - I should not have to worry about whether or not I am going to get my truck or not.

GTyankee 05-02-2013 08:01 PM

Just tell them that you want just what you ordered, no exceptions
definitely no screwed up Chrysler Electronic 6 speed automatic ) 65RFE ( RFE = rear wheel drive Fully Electronic )
or
Be first in line to order a 2014 around June 5th
production starts about July 17th
delivered in mid to late September or early October

New factory ordered HEMI w/ 8 speeds are now on restriction, meaning they don't have any 8 speeds in current stock
this restriction went into place April 30th

ss3079 05-02-2013 09:34 PM

I am just praying that since I had my order in before the restriction came into effect that I will be ok.

nikeman 05-02-2013 09:50 PM

Should I worry? I ordered a sport hemi 8 speed on the 18th of April.

Cookie Monster 05-02-2013 10:06 PM

Did you sign a Vehicle Purchase Ageement?

If you did they have to give you exactly what you ordered as it is a binding legal contract of sale.

If you only signed a Vehicle Purchase Order then that is just a promise to order the vehicle for a negotiated price.

nikeman 05-04-2013 04:57 PM

I signed a pink paper with all the pricing details on it so I assume thats the purchase agreement. I have contacted RAM twice to confirm that I am getting the 8 Speed and they have said yes and that I am now on a Firm Schedule. I should be good to go.

ShaneDiddy 05-06-2013 01:39 AM

IMO I wouldnt care what i signed...im not buying it if it didnt come how i ordered

ss3079 05-07-2013 03:38 PM

Ram Customer Service cannot look up my name in their system to see if there is a processed sold order. Fair enough.

Dealer sales manager is away for the week. I do not have a VON, VIN, nothing ... my salesman doesn't know anything. I signed and left a deposit on April 18th.

I'm not really sure how much longer I can deal with the uncertainty.

Breathing Borla 05-07-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss3079 (Post 1091842)
Ram Customer Service cannot look up my name in their system to see if there is a processed sold order. Fair enough.

Dealer sales manager is away for the week. I do not have a VON, VIN, nothing ... my salesman doesn't know anything. I signed and left a deposit on April 18th.

something seems fishy for you. I ordered April 30th and already have my VON and they have accepted the order.

nikeman 05-07-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss3079 (Post 1091842)

I ordered my truck the same day as you and I am in D status. Have been for almost a week now so who knows what's going to happen.