DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram R/T (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Anti-Theft Radio My Butt!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141266)

txwooley 05-04-2013 09:12 AM

Anti-Theft Radio My Butt!!

I guess word isn't out yet that if you steal the radio from a '12 or newer Ram, it will be useless to you.

I work in the Gulf of Mexico and am gone for 28 days at a time. While I was out this last hitch, the office calls me to ask if I own the black R/T parked in the employee parking lot. "Umm... Yes I do. Why?" Some thug with a truck that apparently looks just like mine busted out the driver window, climbed in through the window (I guess so as not to set off the alarm) destroyed me dash and stole my radio. He also jacked the R/T emblems from the grill and the tailgate. The office has it all on video too.

I did some searching on the internet about the anti-theft feature of the radio. It turns out that even though the radio is coded to the vin of my truck, it can be unlocked at your local dealership with the vin and proof of ownership. Well the truck sat right where it was for 3 more weeks so getting the vin could easily be done at any time, and if said thug works at a dealer or has a friend that works at a dealer then he's in business.

I called Mopar Customer Care and asked them if they could block or flag that radio so it couldn't be re-coded. They said they don't have that capability. So much for anti-theft.

I did call Serius/XM and tell them the radio was stolen. They agreed to suspend my subscription and flag the EIN as stolen with a note to not activate any service on that radio. Cudos to Serius/XM.

Meanwhile, if you happen to be in South Lafourche Louisiana with your R/T, be aware that there is a cop now stopping every truck he sees sporting R/T badges (he said he's seen mine around but never any other so he will be stopping all of them to ask some questions).

:sad:

05cr125r 05-04-2013 09:30 AM

sorry to hear that man...really blows. hope that f*#@ stick gets whats coming to him

Gantman 05-04-2013 09:47 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news txwooley. When they catch this fool, third world country rules should apply. Chop his hands off so he'll never steal again. That's a better anti theft deterrent.

txwooley 05-04-2013 09:49 AM

I'm all for that!

ejb426 05-04-2013 10:23 AM

To me, murder in some cases is not as bad as theft!

1BADHEMI 05-04-2013 11:23 AM

Sorry to hear that man,Hope the cops get that rat bastard:greenchainsaw: and the insurance company gets your truck back to where it was before the damage.Good luck with everything.

CajunDodge 05-04-2013 12:30 PM

That totally sucks man, sure sorry to hear about this and hope your truck gets fixed and they find the creep that did it!!! Guess I had better reason than I thought all the times I worked offshore and left out of Fourchon, I left my truck at the shop and took the crew van. Keep us posted!

- Cajun

dodgert 05-05-2013 12:58 AM

Most people dont steal stuff to use in there own vehicle prob needed drug money or something but you know what karma is a bitch