DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   4'-6" lift for 2013 longhorn (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141333)

Bruce E 05-05-2013 08:37 AM

4'-6" lift for 2013 longhorn

Has anyone lifted one of the new trucks yet? I had a leveling kit in my 2010 but don't like the vibration. I just ordered the 2013 Longhorn (not air ride) and was having trouble finding systems that say they would work or what there prices.

Bully's Performance 05-05-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce E (Post 1089781)
Has anyone lifted one of the new trucks yet? I had a leveling kit in my 2010 but don't like the vibration. I just ordered the 2013 Longhorn (not air ride) and was having trouble finding systems that say they would work or what there prices.

for the 2013 w/o air ride almost any lift kit on the market for the 2012 will work. Here are the most popular

6" RCX lift kit 1399.99 free shipping'
6" BDS lift kit starts at $2199 for a 6" free shipping
4" RCX lift kit 1299.99 free shipping
4" BDS lift kits starts at $1999.99 free shipping

If you would like to place an order just let me know I would be more than happy to get you hooked up with forum discounts :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

Bruce E 05-06-2013 07:34 AM

Thanks Jeremiah, What is the difference between the RCX and the BDS as there is a substantial price difference but I want get the right system for my uses. I live in northern Ontario so I am on logging roads and deep snow some mud and occassionally rock. It is really clearance I am after as I don't want to bootom out and I take it fairly slow when traveling off road.

ckage83 05-06-2013 09:26 AM

^^^ I want to know this too. BDS has such a solid name but their price is a crazy put off. Especially when you factor in rims/tires.

Bully's Performance 05-06-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce E (Post 1090494)
Thanks Jeremiah, What is the difference between the RCX and the BDS as there is a substantial price difference but I want get the right system for my uses. I live in northern Ontario so I am on logging roads and deep snow some mud and occassionally rock. It is really clearance I am after as I don't want to bootom out and I take it fairly slow when traveling off road.

You really can not go wrong with either system, as far as substantial differences I am not sure if there are any or not, BDS just has alot of options for additional things such as steering stabilzers, upgraded shocks, etc etc.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

gonefishin776 05-06-2013 09:43 AM

I read a few people around the web say rough country's kits are no worse than any other brand. They are making their money by having low prices and just dominating the competition via their affordable price. but in actuality their kits are just as good.

Now an extreme off-roader would love to argue that point. Most of these affordable kits are not made to be beaten to death, so don't expect TOP of the line, strong as can be parts. If you are lookin for somethin to take some serious abuse, you are lookin at 2 or 3 times the price

brandonjansen 05-06-2013 12:46 PM

I'd definitely recommend the 6" RCX kit. The price is by far the best and there's no lack of quality with their products either. The majority of lifted trucks on this forum are running that kit with little to no complaints.

I'd definitely go with a 6" over a 4" as well. For the $150 more it is definitely worth it and you'll end up regretting it down the road if you go with a 4". However, if you do go with a 4" kit I wouldn't go with RCX. I don't like how they use rear coil spacers in their 4" kit rather than going with new springs. A Zone kit would be a much better choice for a 4" kit as they provide new 3" lift springs.

madhatr02 05-07-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1090695)
I'd definitely recommend the 6" RCX kit. The price is by far the best and there's no lack of quality with their products either. The majority of lifted trucks on this forum are running that kit with little to no complaints.

I'd definitely go with a 6" over a 4" as well. For the $150 more it is definitely worth it and you'll end up regretting it down the road if you go with a 4". However, if you do go with a 4" kit I wouldn't go with RCX. I don't like how they use rear coil spacers in their 4" kit rather than going with new springs. A Zone kit would be a much better choice for a 4" kit as they provide new 3" lift springs.

Made this comment in another post the only reason to go with a 6" over a 4" if you are running a tire of 35".

I think a lot of people would be surprised if you put a 6" lifted truck on 35's next to a 4" lifted truck with 35's how minimal the difference is.

Bruce E 05-07-2013 07:35 AM

I would probably be happy with the 4" but I really don't like the idea of a spacer block on the rear springs. What is the Zone kit like for quality?

brandonjansen 05-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatr02 (Post 1091466)
Made this comment in another post the only reason to go with a 6" over a 4" if you are running a tire of 35".

I think a lot of people would be surprised if you put a 6" lifted truck on 35's next to a 4" lifted truck with 35's how minimal the difference is.

It's going to be a 2" difference...... :gy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce E (Post 1091494)
I would probably be happy with the 4" but I really don't like the idea of a spacer block on the rear springs. What is the Zone kit like for quality?

Zone is made by BDS so it is also good quality. It's just a bit of a sub company they made to try and keep prices down and compete with Rough Country.