DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Air Suspension? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141656)

Kev087 05-08-2013 10:39 AM

Air Suspension?

Hello! I have been thinking about adding the Air suspension to my 1500 tradesman and i was wondering that if anyone has this on their truck, is it worth getting?

Breathing Borla 05-08-2013 10:46 AM

if you want bigger tires ever don't get it

That's all i know so far

Kev087 05-08-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathing Borla (Post 1092617)
if you want bigger tires ever don't get it

That's all i know so far

Hmmm, thats good to know!

Breathing Borla 05-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev087 (Post 1092639)
Hmmm, thats good to know!

yup, when it lowers to aero mode, that plus some bigger tires, things don't play nice

Kev087 05-08-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathing Borla (Post 1092647)
yup, when it lowers to aero mode, that plus some bigger tires, things don't play nice

With that question out of the way then, would a lift kit damage the electric steering? Also would it be bad to go from the 17s to the 20s.

I almost ruined my Charger going from 18 to 22...dumbest thing i have ever done to a car.:LOL:

Breathing Borla 05-08-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev087 (Post 1092805)
With that question out of the way then, would a lift kit damage the electric steering? Also would it be bad to go from the 17s to the 20s.

I almost ruined my Charger going from 18 to 22...dumbest thing i have ever done to a car.:LOL:

as a bunch of ram models come with 20" wheels, i can't see how it would be bad to go from the 17 to the 20. Your just going to have way less tire and more wheel, but the outer dia can remain the same.

i am doing the opposite when I get mine. going from 20"s to 17" but staying at 33" overall diameter. I need more sidewall etc for my field work. I would trash out those 20"s in 5 minutes. more than that, I just like way more tire than that.

give me sidewall or give me death:LOL:

I can't speak to the electonic steering as i have never owned one with that, this will be my first...

Kev087 05-08-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathing Borla (Post 1092821)
as a bunch of ram models come with 20" wheels, i can't see how it would be bad to go from the 17 to the 20. Your just going to have way less tire and more wheel, but the outer dia can remain the same.

i am doing the opposite when I get mine. going from 20"s to 17" but staying at 33" overall diameter. I need more sidewall etc for my field work. I would trash out those 20"s in 5 minutes. more than that, I just like way more tire than that.

give me sidewall or give me death:LOL:

I can't speak to the electonic steering as i have never owned one with that, this will be my first...

As soon as i realized i mess up going to 22s in the car i jumped right back on 17s. I do love sidewall. I would like a more aggressive tire, but for the time being until i get back to TX, its not sensible. Big Horn/Lone Star ED have a nice Painted or Chrome 17, i think i may just order those and call it good.

And the electronic steering is different i thought nothing of it till i drove my wife's SUV and i thought to my self "Hmm, how convenient, best not tell her or i wont be able to drive the truck from now on."

HorseMan 05-08-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev087 (Post 1092612)
Hello! I have been thinking about adding the Air suspension to my 1500 tradesman and i was wondering that if anyone has this on their truck, is it worth getting?

By adding air suspension to your 1500, do you mean adding the factory air suspension or another type, for example the Total Load Control? If you're wanting to add the factory air suspension, I think you're in for a very expensive job-not at all worth it!