DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Recall (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141678)

Bruce E 05-08-2013 12:54 PM

Recall

So I've had the truck for over 3 years and have over 116000km on it and today in the mail I get the recall for the rear pinion nut. I'll take it in but if it hasn't come off yet I doubt it will. Besides I'm just waiting for my new Longhorn to arrive. Just thought it was funny that after I traded it in I get the recall notice.

jj ram 05-08-2013 01:14 PM

When the recall first came out, I checked my VIN on line and it said I wasn't effected. Then when I went to the dealer not long ago to get the broken exhaust bolt fixed, they said my truck was effected by the recall and they fixed it.

Seems it took awhile to reach us in Ontario???

Inferno10 05-08-2013 03:36 PM

Fixed it? I got the notice for mine, but they said the parts were not yet available.

Excoastie 05-08-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno10 (Post 1092917)
Fixed it? I got the notice for mine, but they said the parts were not yet available.

I think most of us got the same notice.

I figure I'll wait until either it falls off or I get another notice telling me that the parts are available.

From what I've been told, everything is back ordered. It's a known problem, but the parts supplier can't keep up with the demand.

Exco

Inferno10 05-09-2013 09:48 PM

Yep. I was wondering how he got his fixed if the parts arent available. Must have been lucky that day lol.

jj ram 05-10-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno10 (Post 1094264)
Yep. I was wondering how he got his fixed if the parts arent available. Must have been lucky that day lol.

Well now Im wondering if they really did. I asked them twice and they said they did, but today I got a letter in the mail on the recall, saying the samething as you are saying, the parts are on back order, and will notify when they are :4-dontknow:

Once I get that letter saying parts are in, I'll take it to another dealer to make sure it was done...this was the same dealer that made me change my plugs to fix the warrantied broke stud in the manifold... :doh:

Boubou 05-11-2013 07:20 PM

Same here, my teuck wasn't included in the recall and out of the blue, today, I got the notice in the mail. Have a few trips planned this summer, This will not stop me from taking them but I am hoping to get it fixed before going

wascobi 05-11-2013 11:09 PM

recall

got the same notice yesterday. your truck is not right, but we cant fix it. I had it in over a year ago complaining of a howl in the rear that sounds like a bad bearing or excessive backlash. serv rep and tech both did not, or chose to not hear it. its a bit louder now, but no oil leakage around the pinion nut.

db1 05-14-2013 12:22 AM

same notice. but no part to fix?

wickedpissahtruck 05-21-2013 07:43 AM

Can someone please remind me again what country we live in? Pinion nuts on back order for months? Really??? It takes MONTHS to make an effin pinion nut? What a crock of S that is. I would hope we would, at this point post industrial revolution, be able to make a million of these pinion nuts in a matter of hours not months. Unbelievable!