DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Body & Interior (
-   -   Differences between superseding hood part numbers? (

Harmon 05-08-2013 02:21 PM

Differences between superseding hood part numbers?
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4. Last year it received hail damage and had to have the hood replaced. State Farm gave me a part # of 55372034AD. The dealership gave me and I ordered the same number except it ended in AE. Retail price of the hood was $624.00 per State Farm and the dealer.

A couple of weeks ago hail hits again. This time State Farm gives me part number 681160234AB for the hood with a price of $457.00. I think State Farm has made a mistake so I call the dealer, give them my VIN, and they say the 681 hood has superseded the 553 hood and the price has dropped to what State Farm says it is.

I was curious about the substantial drop in price and vastly different part numbers. From my understanding with minor revisions they just change the letters at the end like they did with "AD" to "AE". I do some googling and ebay checking and on more than one listing the 681 hood is listed as "w/o power bulge". My current hood has a sligthly raised portion in the middle which I think is what they are calling a power bulge. I would like to keep the look of the hood I have now.

Can anyone confirm the differences or shed some light on this? Thank you.

DarthRam 05-13-2013 11:08 PM

I can't find the second part anywhere on the net. If the part shows up and isn't the same you can always say it isn't the same hood thus isn't the same part. With something like the difference between the bulge or a flat hood I think you will be OK. As longs as the parts look different the insurance company can't claim they are the same.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright a Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger