DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   New Ride (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141728)

galfer 05-08-2013 11:54 PM

New Ride

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...psc85f19f7.jpg

my new ride as of 2 days ago.. already has light tint, tonneau cover which will be coming off cause of the bikes. hood protector, magnaflow muffler, & k&n intake.

gotta get rid of the chrome now.. should i plastidip the grill or get a black honeycomb?

planning on diping the front and rear ram logos. then id like to debadge the rest of the truck if it can be done without a noticible difference in paint since theyve been on there for 2 years..

then i need black step bars, window vents, darker tint, HID's, maybe some smoked headlights/taillights if i can find some reasonably priced ones. and then all led interior lights etc. some black 20's.

any reccomendations for anything ive mentioned? or other cosmetic stuff you would do? trying to go with all black and white here

thanks for looking and thanks for having me on the forum

Excoastie 05-09-2013 06:25 AM

Nice looking truck.

It's your truck, so what you want to do is what's most important!

Having said that. I believe that it would be worth the effort to PD the grill. A few cans of PD is bound to cost less than the honey comb grill. If you don't like the looks after you're done, you can peel off the PD and/or order the new grill. If you do like it, then you've spent considerably less than the grill.

I believe that you've got a good start on your "wish list" for mods. I can't think of anything to add...

Enjoy the new rig

Exco

joewally 05-09-2013 07:12 AM

how about taking the black trim tape off that is in between the front and rear doors????

Jon3sgte 05-09-2013 09:22 AM

You should be fine pulling your badges.

littlegirlbigtruck 05-09-2013 09:32 AM

Great looking truck! I love white fourth generations. You shouldn't have any issues pulling of your badges. Just use a hair dryer to heat them up, and be patient. It isn't worth messing up that paint! I say plasti-dip the chrome for now, if you like it, great, you just saved yourself a couple hundred dollars, if you don't, order the honeycomb grill and you can peel off the pasti-dip and sell the chrome.

Also I agree with Joewally about removing the black trim tape. I am not too found of that black hood visor, and think if you removed that and plasti-dipped the grill AND the Dodge hood ornament to match, it would give the front of your truck a much more aggressive look.

No matter what you choose to do I am sure it will look great! Any thoughts on wheels or are you going to stick with the chromes? (I think those would look good plasti-dipped too, but I am a plasti addict)

galfer 05-09-2013 04:37 PM

hadnt thought about pulling off the pillar tape. ill consider that one. gotta look for some pics of one like that first... i think ill go with the PD route on the grill insert for now and see how it looks. and i definitely want to PD the front and rear emblem.. i was just worried about seeing outline or something where the badges are on the doors.

as far as wheels, i havent looked much but i definitely want black. friend of mine suggested PD or powdercoat the ones on it black. so i might give that a shot first before i drop the cash on a new set of wheels. anybody know of any pics where somebody did these wheels in black on a white truck?

galfer 05-09-2013 09:23 PM

i need some recommendations on a black 20" deep dish style wheel

Chunkem 05-12-2013 11:17 PM

Great looking truck.....Congrats......

galfer 05-13-2013 10:11 PM

thanks bud..

i think ive decided on fuel "dune" wheels in the black and milled

sgarlic 05-14-2013 10:15 AM

I just debadged my '11 that was in Phoenix for those years,and there was no difference in the paint underneath the lettering.. I have Fuels on mine, really wish I had them in black.. that's going to look sweet on there.