DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone running 22" rims? 305/50/22 tires? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141890)

StuderCo 05-10-2013 03:16 PM

Anyone running 22" rims? 305/50/22 tires?

Hey just wondering if anyone out there has a set of 22 x 9/9.5 rims...preferably around a -12 to -20 offset, wrapped in some 305/50/20 tires. All on a truck with around a 2.5" leveling kit. Let me know if you have this setup? Any pics so I can see? Thanks.

Steermaster 05-11-2013 06:38 AM

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141099

Check out this thread and see if you can message the owner of the black dodge :) Good luck!!

fastNugly @ BP 05-12-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuderCo (Post 1094867)
Hey just wondering if anyone out there has a set of 22 x 9/9.5 rims...preferably around a -12 to -20 offset, wrapped in some 305/50/20 tires. All on a truck with around a 2.5" leveling kit. Let me know if you have this setup? Any pics so I can see? Thanks.

How's this going for you?
Did you find something yet?

StuderCo 05-14-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Post 1096342)
How's this going for you?
Did you find something yet?

Well the link posted above was helpful. Although not exactly what I'm looking for. It seems that everyone work 22" rims is lowering their truck and tucking the wheels. Which isn't the look I'm going for. Whereas people leveling/lifting their trucks seem to want to put the tallest mud tires they can with their lift or level. Personally, I don't see the point. I drive 99% on paved roads and over 75% of that at highway speed. I also don't want a jacked up truck (my last truck was like that, and it gets old. Climbing into my truck after a hard leg day at the gym isn't one of my joys in life lol). Maybe I have weird stylistic differences from most, but I want a leveled truck with street tires that stick out wide to make that bulldog stance. ObviouslyI'm not trying to rice out the truck with 24 or 26 inch rims, nor do I want to lower the rear and lose ground clearance.

I'm probably going to end up going with a 20x9 rim with -12 or -24 offset, then having my stock 275/60R20 put on that rim (will be a stretch if I use a 10 inch wide rim, I know). And when the time comes to replace the tires, slap on some 305's and call it a day lol

fastNugly @ BP 05-14-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuderCo (Post 1097565)
Well the link posted above was helpful. Although not exactly what I'm looking for. It seems that everyone work 22" rims is lowering their truck and tucking the wheels. Which isn't the look I'm going for. Whereas people leveling/lifting their trucks seem to want to put the tallest mud tires they can with their lift or level. Personally, I don't see the point. I drive 99% on paved roads and over 75% of that at highway speed. I also don't want a jacked up truck (my last truck was like that, and it gets old. Climbing into my truck after a hard leg day at the gym isn't one of my joys in life lol). Maybe I have weird stylistic differences from most, but I want a leveled truck with street tires that stick out wide to make that bulldog stance. ObviouslyI'm not trying to rice out the truck with 24 or 26 inch rims, nor do I want to lower the rear and lose ground clearance.

I'm probably going to end up going with a 20x9 rim with -12 or -24 offset, then having my stock 275/60R20 put on that rim (will be a stretch if I use a 10 inch wide rim, I know). And when the time comes to replace the tires, slap on some 305's and call it a day lol

That can be done too....LOL
If you need pricing on some wheels let me know :smileup:

StuderCo 05-15-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Post 1097591)
That can be done too....LOL
If you need pricing on some wheels let me know :smileup:

Yeah it'll definitely be nice to see what kind of pricing I can get from you guys. I just need to wait until I get my current hard fiberglass tonneau cover sold and save up enough cash to do everything all at once. 5100 leveling, black rims, black side steps, flip tonneau, cai, hid's up front. All this while saving up to buy a new house. Let's just say I've been trying to cut my spending lol

fastNugly @ BP 05-15-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuderCo (Post 1098674)
Yeah it'll definitely be nice to see what kind of pricing I can get from you guys. I just need to wait until I get my current hard fiberglass tonneau cover sold and save up enough cash to do everything all at once. 5100 leveling, black rims, black side steps, flip tonneau, cai, hid's up front. All this while saving up to buy a new house. Let's just say I've been trying to cut my spending lol

That is a mod list that I cant wait to see on the truck :smileup:

etchensketch 05-24-2013 09:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of my 99 1500...no suspension work at all with 22" Rockstars and tires very close to stock height but about 11" wide. I believe the wheels were around 9" wide. I noticed you mentioned you didnt want the lowered look OR the lifted mudder look. So maybe this would help? I am gonna lower mine a bit but haven't yet in these pics. Good luck!

etchensketch 05-24-2013 09:47 AM

I apologize...Just noticed this was for a 4X4 I'm assuming....mines a 2WD.

StuderCo 05-24-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etchensketch (Post 1106614)
Here are a few pics of my 99 1500...no suspension work at all with 22" Rockstars and tires very close to stock height but about 11" wide. I believe the wheels were around 9" wide. I noticed you mentioned you didnt want the lowered look OR the lifted mudder look. So maybe this would help? I am gonna lower mine a bit but haven't yet in these pics. Good luck!

Thanks for the pics. Yes my truck is a 4x4. But how would that make a difference? I'm unsure how that would change anything about the ride height or stance...but I'm probably clueless about it.

So the tires are 11" wide? As far as I know, a stock 275 tire (stock for my truck) is 10.83" wide. So these were 285 tires?

Also, for the rims, just to confirm. These are the 22x9.5" Rockstars in a 5x139.7? So this would mean the offset is +12mm?

Just trying to gather as much information as I can. Everyone says "every truck looks different with certain packages" and that you "won't know how it looks until you put it on". But that's not really good enough for me. This isn't a 'trial and error' truck for me. hahahah