DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sirius service sucks. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141920)

PaulMys 05-10-2013 10:13 PM

Sirius service sucks.

Just went through 4 hours of crap trying get my new subscription to load to my radio. My free trial ended today, so I initially tried their website to renew. What a joke. Answered all of their security questions, only to be told they weren't right, and that my VALID e-mail address was NOT valid! "Screw this" I thought. I'll call them. Went through 3 different reps who didn't know crap. Was told by the second one all is good, just turn the truck on and tune to 184 and should only take 10 minutes max. An hour later, (now 9:30 at night) I'm running out to my truck every 15 min. to see if it worked. NOPE! Now my wife calls again- (I'm too pissed) and got a fairly knowledgeable man who finally walked her through all of the steps to get it to work. Turns out the first two A-holes had no idea of the steps it took to get it to work. Anyway, I do like the sirius radio, HATE the customer service. :smiledown:

Mike226 05-11-2013 12:04 PM

Best way to deal with Sirius is call to cancel your subscription, once you get put through to the cancellation department, deal with them. They have been helpful, as well as once they know you "want to cancel" they give you much better prices on the subscriptions.

Excoastie 05-11-2013 03:48 PM

Yup I agree.. Sirius customer service is non existent! I called them the other day to cancel the subscription on the wife's Challenger.

I told them that I no longer owned the vehicle, and that I wished to cancel the service for this very reason. I was transferred to three separate people who all tried to convince me that I needed to keep my service, as it was such a great deal.

I finally got pissed, and practically yelled that NO I did not wish to keep mys service, and that I was calling to cancel. There was NOTHING else they could help me with, and further I wished to remove any and all reference to this radio from my account.

I eventually got the service canceled, and the remaining $80 credited to my account. I could deal with that, as I had already paid, and didn't really expect a refund.

I slammed them on the customer satisfaction survey that I received a day or two later.

Exco

h2oman 05-11-2013 04:06 PM

Didn't renew mine. I miss Ozzy's Boneyard but still not worth the renewal.

LeftCoast 05-11-2013 07:24 PM

I like Ozzy's boneyard and Hairnation. So when you renewed what kind of deal did you get? I pay $8 a month for Netflix which I can watch on my phone, my wifes ipad , and any computer that has wifi, the PS3 and the blueray player in the front room. I refuse to pay for audio only for something I only use in my truck. $5 a month and I'd be a subscriber for life.....otherwise....nahhh.

Moose612 05-11-2013 07:48 PM

I renewed mine. 25 bucks for 6 months. I drive alot and the radio stations in El Paso are horrendus. Plus there are quite a few FM deadzones in the middle of the southwest desert.

PaulMys 05-11-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoast (Post 1095636)
I like Ozzy's boneyard and Hairnation. So when you renewed what kind of deal did you get? I pay $8 a month for Netflix which I can watch on my phone, my wifes ipad , and any computer that has wifi, the PS3 and the blueray player in the front room. I refuse to pay for audio only for something I only use in my truck. $5 a month and I'd be a subscriber for life.....otherwise....nahhh.

For now, just doing a monthly @ $9.99. Never read of anyone getting that price, nor was it mentioned in any of their nomenclature. Seems like these guys just spit out ANY price to keep you. Like I said, I like having it, but dealing with them sucks. I think I will take above advice and call to cancel before this month is up & try to get a better deal. Funny, I hardly had to negotiate at all when I bought my truck, but now I am playing wheel and deal with a friggin' radio provider!:doh:

Mike226 05-11-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoast (Post 1095636)

Once I got to the cancelation guys, when they asked why I wanted to cancel, just said it cost too much. They made an offer, said it was still too much. Then they eventually offered 3 months for the price of one (which worked out to roughly $5/mth). Only catch was I had to call back every 3 months otherwise it would renew at full price. But same thing, just tell them you will keep it for the 3 months for the price of 1, otherwise you want to cancel. 5-10 minute phone call every 3 months is worth it in my opinion.

LeftCoast 05-12-2013 12:25 AM

Yes that would work for me.

shaner82 05-12-2013 10:35 AM

I like SiriusXM, but I agree, their customer service is beyond bad. It's probably the worst of any company I've ever dealt with.