DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bakflip HD Installed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142039)

DrCrash 05-12-2013 11:51 AM

Bakflip HD Installed

1 Attachment(s)
I hadn't planned on installing the Bakflip until after my Line X/Rhino was in place but due to pressure from the boss (aka wife) to get the box out of the garage before our daughters birthday party next weekend I had to put it on the truck. Oh well.

Install was pretty simple, maybe 30 minutes. Only problem I had was one of the star nuts that Bak sent with the cover had bad threads in it. I solved that with a trip to Home Depot and picked up a 5/16 wing nut. I wanted a stainless one but the best they could do was a zinc plated version. I'll contact Bak this week and have them ship me a new one. I cut the drain tubes to about 6" in length and stuck them into the slot right just beneath the drainage valves.

Thanks to AJ @ Autoanything.com for hooking me up with a good price on the cover.

TonyG- 05-12-2013 12:44 PM

Looks great on the truck

Buellrider 05-12-2013 12:52 PM

Nice Congratz :beerchug:

jdvelchek 05-12-2013 09:40 PM

Looks good. I keep going back and forth on a Bak. I love they way they look and how they function, but I have yet to hear of a story where someone did not have to fix, rig, or replace a shipped part for install.

The Crow 1994 05-12-2013 09:50 PM

Sexy! :smiley_thumbs_up: Can't wait to get my Bak VP installed.

dwanton 05-12-2013 10:08 PM

I've had the Backflip on another truck and loved it -- only thing that bothered me was when you need the full bed it flips up and blocks the rear window completely.

I was going to get another Bakflip but found a LEER 700 hard cover capeted and with a complete bedrug for $700 -- so I couldn't pass it up.

your truck looks good -- nice job

DrCrash 05-12-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwanton (Post 1096475)
I've had the Backflip on another truck and loved it -- only thing that bothered me was when you need the full bed it flips up and blocks the rear window completely.

I was going to get another Bakflip but found a LEER 700 hard cover capeted and with a complete bedrug for $700 -- so I couldn't pass it up.

your truck looks good -- nice job

Thank you.

Blocking the rear window is the only drawback that I can see at this point. It seems like I need tow mirrors when the cover blocks out the window. I had a soft cover on my last truck and it didn't last as I use my bed a lot so I'm hoping that the durability factor is better with the Bakflip. I also figure if I need my whole bed (and I know ahead of time) I can take the cover off in less than 5 minutes.

Thanks again.