DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Mopar Online Parts - Dodge Ram Accessories! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   media center upgrade (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142092)

dirkdigs 05-12-2013 11:26 PM

media center upgrade

is it possible to swap out the uconnect 3.0 and put in the uconnect 5.0 / 8.4a or 8.4an unit?

do you have this available?

Mopar Online Parts 05-13-2013 11:09 AM

We cannot confirm this would be plug and play. I do not recall hearing about any data/bus changes within 2013 between the two.

As for availability , Some require a call to the tech center to order (restricted), some are unpriced...Not good at this time

-Benny

Mopar Big Horn 05-13-2013 01:09 PM

6 months ago I upgraded my radio to a RBZ radio, would there be any problems adding the Uconnect hands free unit to my truck? The original radio had the Uconnect buttons on it if that makes a difference. Also, does the Bluetooth just work with making calls or can it also be used to sync with radio to listen to music and transfer pictures? Thanks.

Mopar Online Parts 05-13-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmark0612 (Post 1096925)
6 months ago I upgraded my radio to a RBZ radio, would there be any problems adding the Uconnect hands free unit to my truck? The original radio had the Uconnect buttons on it if that makes a difference. Also, does the Bluetooth just work with making calls or can it also be used to sync with radio to listen to music and transfer pictures? Thanks.

Would you have the part number off of the radio or know what year it's from?

As far as I know the bluetooth capability is for hands free calling only and not streaming media or audio.

Mopar Big Horn 05-13-2013 05:46 PM

part # P05091201AA

Mopar Online Parts 05-14-2013 10:43 AM

Hmm... that part number is from the company who re-manufactures them and is not crossing over to the original so I cannot see any other details.

I was able to track down a VIN (1D7RV1CT2AS172823) of a truck with a RBZ in which the part number is 5091170AD , This was a 2010 Truck as I could not find any later Trucks using that radio.

This truck as probably all Trucks with RBZ from the factory had built in bluetooth which had the mic in the rearview mirror. There is no u-connect kit shown as an add-on. Now as for it being possible to add the mirror for it to work I am uncertain as you will need wiring at a minimum.

Do you recall where the mic is in your truck originally?

Mopar Big Horn 05-15-2013 07:43 PM

Thanks agian for all the info and help.

GTyankee 05-15-2013 07:57 PM

just for a bit of info

RBZ radios came in 2 models for use in both Low Speed & HIGH SPEED Canbus vehicles
the Ram 1500 uses the High Speed canbus in the 2009 - 2012 models
It uses a NON-NAV HIGH SPEED UCONNECT KIT, which is an external module