DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   5.9L V8 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Problems back!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142105)

Nck 05-13-2013 06:06 AM

Problems back!!!

I recently posted on here about my truck and how it would sometimes die when I let off the gas. And how when I start the engine the rpm's would drop to about 100 before leveling off at idle, about 500-600.
So I replaced the TPS sensor and the problem went away, worked great for about 3 month's, until it started doing it again.
But I found that resetting the computer solves the issue for a while. But it always comes back.
Anyone have any idea what the heck could be going on here? I'm at a loss:4-dontknow:
Thanks

Nck 05-15-2013 04:27 AM

It's really getting annoying.

Warlock III 05-15-2013 10:07 AM

I'm not personally stingy with giving out Rep Points. I always make it a point to give them to a member once they've solved their issue. After searching your threads I see that you did post your solution which is something members rarely do.

That being said, I'd take it back and try another (TPS) if it's still under warranty. At the same time I'd replace the IAC for another $40.

If I run a K3 code check on my truck every problem it ever had will come back until I reset the ECM.

Nck 05-18-2013 04:54 AM

Alright. I replaced the IAC and the TPS again. but since I reset the computer, the problem has not comeback yet. But I'll give it a couple weeks.
And I also think it could be a lack in fuel pressure possibly.

98rumblebee 05-21-2013 08:42 AM

I would say you had an exhaust leak if it wasn't for the fact that it goes away and comes back. Cause I've got the cat and then nothing behind it (waiting on new exhaust) and mine does the same thing...

Nck 05-24-2013 07:04 AM

no it's not an exhaust leak. because the problem goes away for about a month every time I reset the ECM.

Warlock III 05-24-2013 11:16 AM

When you reset the computer it goes into limp mode and has to relearn.

Have you tried keeping track of the mileage/hours to see if they coincide with the same distance? You've already expressed that it's about the same time interval.

As I said before, for $40 I'd replace the IAC, and lean towards a bad O2 sensor.

panhead 05-26-2013 10:03 AM

Definitely bad O2 sensors. I experience this same issue when I first bought my 96.

Nck 05-30-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panhead (Post 1107992)
Definitely bad O2 sensors. I experience this same issue when I first bought my 96.

What did you end up doing about it? Just buy new sensors? If so what did they cost?

JWM59 05-30-2013 05:40 AM

I have a Actron code reader. You can actually monitor all O2 sensors. After warmed up they should be in about the .7Volt range. Much higher or lower you found you bad one.