DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   longtube header vs. O2 sensor (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142139)

cmpx3 05-13-2013 07:07 PM

longtube header vs. O2 sensor
 
hoping I can get some advise from someone who has already fought CEL codes after long tube header install. I have an 07 Ram with 5.7 hemi in it, and Superchips 93 tune installed. I installed some obx-r s.s. longtube headers and magnaflow high flow cats. I have the rear o2 sensor problem fixed with the non-fouler trick. I had to install wiring extensions from summit on the 2 rear sensors and the pass. front. The one code I cant get rid of is PO133 bank 1 sensor 1. Unless I'm wrong it is the passenger front. I have no leaks and from what I can tell the wiring is fine. I have swapped sensors front to rear (bosch). All sensors are new. I have reset the pcm. Took off the extension on the front pass. and got it to reach and it actually threw 3 codes. Put the extension back on and back to po133. I swapped the extensions on the pass. side front to rear today but haven't driven it yet. None of these things have helped. Thought about trying a different brand sensor ( didn't know bosch had a bad rep till after I bought and installed them). Hoping someone has a idea for me. Whats throwing me is the code is only on one side of the front not both. Please help. thanks

cmpx3 05-13-2013 09:01 PM

after searching the net I'm getting conflicting answers on which side of the cats is bank 1 and bank 2. Anyone sure on this?

Raminator5280 05-13-2013 09:31 PM

I have been fighting that code for 4 months. I had a custom tune done to change the timing it takes for the front sensor to respond. About 3 months after the tune it came back...I deleted the light and hasn't come back yet. I would still say that longtube headers are worth the trouble though.

TheSatinPumpkin 05-13-2013 10:18 PM

bank 1 = drivers side
bank 2 = passenger side
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmpx3 (Post 1097222)
after searching the net I'm getting conflicting answers on which side of the cats is bank 1 and bank 2. Anyone sure on this?


namretsud 05-13-2013 11:36 PM

NTK is the oem sensor of choice. I have seen Bosche as a problem O2 sensor on other mopar models.

Gecko 05-14-2013 01:11 AM

You could just get a custom tune to turn the rear sensors off. That's what I did...

cmpx3 05-14-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko (Post 1097576)
You could just get a custom tune to turn the rear sensors off. That's what I did...

Im not having any rear sensor issues just front drivers side. Called the dealer this morning to confiem bank 1 was drivers side. This is the only sensor without a 24" casper extension on the wires. Anyone think that might have something to do with it? As posted above , acustom tune crossed my mind. Would I have to ditch the superchips and go with an sct or someone like lthat to get a custom tune? I ordered a ngt o2 sensor last night to try tbat as well. Thanjs for all the responses so far

Raminator5280 05-14-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko (Post 1097576)
You could just get a custom tune to turn the rear sensors off. That's what I did...

I see a lot of people suggesting tuning the rears out. But I guess I don't understand why turning off the rears will prevent a p0133 slow o2 repsonse bank 1 sensor 1. Is the slow respomse because of the extra distance the front o2 was moved back?

cmpx3 05-14-2013 03:28 PM

Got to thinking about leaks. If I have one I damn sure cant hear it or feel it. If i had a small leak( not detctable by the ear) would it throw the po133 code from that far away from the sensor. With the long tube header its pretty far. Thanks

Raminator5280 05-14-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmpx3 (Post 1098040)
Im not having any rear sensor issues just front drivers side. Called the dealer this morning to confiem bank 1 was drivers side. This is the only sensor without a 24" casper extension on the wires. Anyone think that might have something to do with it? As posted above , acustom tune crossed my mind. Would I have to ditch the superchips and go with an sct or someone like lthat to get a custom tune? I ordered a ngt o2 sensor last night to try tbat as well. Thanjs for all the responses so far

Ill be curious to see how the new o2 sensor works for you as I am having the same problem. But I have the custom tune and brand new o2s.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger