DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Detroit true trac A++!!! Raybestos steering, and Hell bent Steel all A++ (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142244)

Battering Ram 05-14-2013 06:41 PM

Detroit true trac A++!!! Raybestos steering, and Hell bent Steel all A++
 
Well 1500 miles ago my rear differential had its crosspin bolt shear, and grenade the gears. Soooooooo it was beefed it up with a new truetrac that has no crosspin to fail!!! I have to say the difference is drastic. The original unit was a one wheel peel, and the new one is traction 24-7 all day long. Even in the rain its hard to spin at full throttle. Hugs corners, makes zero noise, and feels good off the line. I would highly recommend this for anyone needing a replacement. The shop that did the work only charged $200 more than a quote from another shop to have a rebuilt old junkyard rearend installed.

Now for today. I just finished putting in new Raybestos Greaseable steering parts. The truck steers a 'lot smoother while ridding of its old clunky factory trash. Couldn't be happier. (Note: used pitman arm puller to remove upper tie rod)
RAYBESTOS 4011841
RAYBESTOS 4101078
RAYBESTOS 4011842
RAYBESTOS 4251011
RAYBESTOS 4101079B


Also installed today was some hell bent steel 2" leveling spacers. They installed with no problems with the help of my brother.

I plan on scuffing, and painting the front end soon, along with some new Bilstein shocks. I'll post reviews.

here are some pics

Before

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...d/DSCN6448.jpg

After

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps37f7ed76.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps75c58c03.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...psc54f0f14.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps2ad6f185.jpg

Brother helpin out (gott to give credit where due)
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...psa8b1647e.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...psb82d7172.jpg

Put a new engine in too....
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps2751caf9.jpg

Arth 05-14-2013 07:22 PM

Now that is one clean looking Ram. I like the engine. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Battering Ram 05-16-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arth (Post 1098286)
Now that is one clean looking Ram. I like the engine. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Thanks!

Maybe one day a supercharged viper engine will go in... Ill be sure to post reviews! :D

ridgerunnerseoinc 05-20-2013 07:22 AM

Here is a pic of my True Trac I put in the front of my 2500. Great product!
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...nc/lockers.jpg

Battering Ram 05-22-2013 05:09 PM

That is a nice pic! That makes the thread complete now! I don't have a picture of the tru-trac in my truck because I had an offroad shop install mine. I did see it in a box before it was installed. What were some of the differences you noticed putting the true trac in your front? I always like personal reviews to help me decide if its something I should do down the line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridgerunnerseoinc (Post 1102876)
Here is a pic of my True Trac I put in the front of my 2500. Great product!
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...nc/lockers.jpg


Chunkem 05-23-2013 12:31 AM

Great looking truck....Thanks for sharing the pics.....

ridgerunnerseoinc 05-30-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battering Ram (Post 1105104)
That is a nice pic! That makes the thread complete now! I don't have a picture of the tru-trac in my truck because I had an offroad shop install mine. I did see it in a box before it was installed. What were some of the differences you noticed putting the true trac in your front? I always like personal reviews to help me decide if its something I should do down the line.

You really cannot tell any diff. while driving normal everyday roads. U can tell the diff. when U put it in 4X4, meaning that both front wheels will lock up and spin and U gain traction, but it still has the same feeling as an open diff. when U steer. Really great product, it friggin' works! The Detroit LSD in the rear axle (larger one in the pic) doesn't lock up near as much as I would like, especially in reverse. I wouldn't buy that one again but the Truetrac is awesome.

Battering Ram 06-03-2013 09:32 PM

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridgerunnerseoinc (Post 1111463)
You really cannot tell any diff. while driving normal everyday roads. U can tell the diff. when U put it in 4X4, meaning that both front wheels will lock up and spin and U gain traction, but it still has the same feeling as an open diff. when U steer. Really great product, it friggin' works! The Detroit LSD in the rear axle (larger one in the pic) doesn't lock up near as much as I would like, especially in reverse. I wouldn't buy that one again but the Truetrac is awesome.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger