DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Truck a little sluggish? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142520)

EWC88 05-17-2013 11:09 AM

Truck a little sluggish?

My truck is feeling a little sluggish for some reason. When I go to get up on it, it feels like she doesn't take off like it use to. Thinking about doing seafoam then oil change, recommend anything else? I've done seafoam before to the truck, is it bad to do it repeatedly? Should I put it through vacuum line and in gas tank? Any other recommendations I highly appreciate!

JimsRamTruck2012 05-17-2013 11:22 AM

The seafoam is a good idea, but how long ago did you do the last one? :4-dontknow: As the old saying goes too much of a good thing is bad.

Have you tried something simple like cleaning the throttle body or cleaning the fuel injectors. Also, when was the last time you changed the spark plugs? :4-dontknow:

Sometimes it's the simple things we forget or overlook that make the differance in how our trucks or cars proform.:wavey:

32seventeen 05-17-2013 11:27 AM

I would put a good code reader on it and see it the computer is picking anything up?

It could be a fuel filter too...?

EWC88 05-17-2013 11:29 AM

I know it needs oil change for sure which I check the filter out while doing that. I did seafoam I would say atleast 6 months ago but I am thinking more towards a year to year and half.

I have not changed my plugs and want to do that this summer. And never clean TB. How hard is it to clean TB? I'm a noob when it comes to that.

EWC88 05-17-2013 11:31 AM

Yea I have no lights light up or anything on dash, should I go to autozone and have them run it with their machine they bring out or something better than that?

32seventeen 05-17-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EWC88 (Post 1100779)
Yea I have no lights light up or anything on dash, should I go to autozone and have them run it with their machine they bring out or something better than that?

I am not sure how good of a reader autozone will have? You need something better than a basic reader, especially if your CEL isn't on.

If it is running fine otherwise. My guess is that you have a fuel delivery issue. It could also be timing? Then again, there are a lot of possibilities?

EWC88 05-17-2013 01:29 PM

You think seafoam again will be bad?

JimsRamTruck2012 05-17-2013 02:00 PM

If you did the seafoam a year or more ago you could do it again, but not sure as to how much it would help.

Cleaning the throttle body is as easy as removing the air intake tube and unbolting the throttle body from the motor. I use a CRC throttle body cleaner and it works just fine.

Also, if you never changed the plugs on the truck then do so. Those plugs must be worn out for sure and need to be preplaced.

Based on your post about no lights on the dash then having anyone plug into the pcm would be a waste at this point.

Big Boi 05-17-2013 02:19 PM

When was the last time you changed your plugs?

EWC88 05-17-2013 02:20 PM

Ok I'll do those minor things now then hopefully I can get some days off to tackle plugs. You recommend doing wires as well? Any brands that are good or suck to stay away from?