DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Does anyone feel the power (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142694)

Dragpac 05-19-2013 03:33 PM

Does anyone feel the power

On my 2013 ram Im sort of disapointed in the fact that what ever I add to this truck I feel nothing.Let me break it down for you part by part.
First part I added the magnaflo muffle 12288 did not feel a thing on or off the track.
Vararam air grabber they claim up to 30 hp and 3-5 tenths at the track,3 hundreths and I cant be sure if it was the day or not.

Hypertech tuner 30 hp,yea right I slowed down 3 tenths at the track.

Now the bully dog tuner,until I finally get the tune staightened out from BD I'm not sure what I've got.

Except foe 4.56's and a converter has anyone put on a part that they are positive it gained in time or hp?

redlightmike 05-19-2013 03:41 PM

dont feel bad man, im in the same boat tuner wise.. truck slowed down with the trinity. i just emailed hemifever and he thinks he can cure that problem, which i know doesnt help you a bit since you have the bd tuner.. i felt absolutely nothing with the vararam over the k&n that i had on there :smiledown:.. as high priced as these parts are there should be some improvement.. the only things that really helped mine was the gears and stall.. on a side note, i just treated the beast with a mobil 1 full synthetic oil change and it sure seems to run smoother :smileup:

hotramsport13 05-19-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragpac (Post 1102372)
On my 2013 ram Im sort of disapointed in the fact that what ever I add to this truck I feel nothing.Let me break it down for you part by part.
First part I added the magnaflo muffle 12288 did not feel a thing on or off the track.
Vararam air grabber they claim up to 30 hp and 3-5 tenths at the track,3 hundreths and I cant be sure if it was the day or not.

Now the bully dog tuner,until I finally get the tune staightened out from BD I'm not sure what I've got.

Except foe 4.56's and a converter has anyone put on a part that they are positive it gained in time or hp?

I have moes 87mm throttle body vararam also it feels like it help me on top in also put the Bully Dog programmer and I didn't feel nothing but I have issues with it I'm waiting I'm waiting to speak to a tech tomorrow I'm in Perth Amboy you go to Englishtown Raceway I was there on Wednesday hope we can meet up

Dragpac 05-19-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotramsport13 (Post 1102398)
I have moes 87mm throttle body vararam also it feels like it help me on top in also put the Bully Dog programmer and I didn't feel nothing but I have issues with it I'm waiting I'm waiting to speak to a tech tomorrow I'm in Perth Amboy you go to Englishtown Raceway I was there on Wednesday hope we can meet up

I try to stay away from etown on wed. To mant tuners.I'm calling bully dog first thing in the morning also.hope they can find me some hp.hope to meet up at a track that would be good.

chefred112 05-19-2013 10:04 PM

..you guys need custom tuning, it'll really take advantage of those mods...it'll come someday...

chefred112 05-19-2013 10:06 PM

until it comes, i would probably look for a used psc1 and try to lean out the af in open loop..

RAM EM 05-19-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragpac (Post 1102372)

Just curious, what made you go with the BD over DS? It seems you would have been better off w/ a custom tune on a DS since you're modding/racing the truck, JMO.

Dragpac 05-20-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM EM (Post 1102748)
Just curious, what made you go with the BD over DS? It seems you would have been better off w/ a custom tune on a DS since you're modding/racing the truck, JMO.

Do they make a DS for the 2013?

RAM EM 05-20-2013 12:31 PM

Ahh, sorry. I didn't notice you were 2013. They should be soon, right? Will you go that route when they do?

snrusnak 05-20-2013 01:45 PM

The superchips on my truck was a huge difference. My drop in filter and my muffler swap were not noticeable.