DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   98 Ram Hemi swap build (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142713)

98hemi-ram 05-19-2013 07:28 PM

98 Ram Hemi swap build

10 Attachment(s)
Well figured I'd start a build thread here to show off my build.

I started out with a 98 ram 1500 RCSB 2wd with a 5.9L magnum. I bought the truck 5 years ago and have been slowly doing things to make it my own ever since. This is by far the biggest project I've ever done to this truck so far.

Heres a break down of what I have done/will be doing during this swap.

- 07 5.7L Hemi and 545rfe to replace the magnum
- Custom built wiring harness by hotwireauto.com
- Comp 260 cam
- 87mm ported TB
- CAI
- Electric fan conversion
- Dual gauge pod with AEM wideband a/fr and tranny temp gauges
- A/C delete (Never worked since i bought the truck anyways
- EGR block off kit
- 01 Dakota gauge cluster swap

I'm sure theres more that I'm forgetting but that should cover most of it.

And heres a few pictures from before and during the swap

98hemi-ram 05-19-2013 07:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And a few more of the hemi installed along with my custom gas pedal mount and e-fan setup.

98hemi-ram 05-19-2013 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This weekend I've started putting all the wiring harnesses back in and started trying to figure out where all my other hoses and lines need to go again.

And here's a picture of the new custom engine wiring harness I never got a picture of the fuse box harness before it went back in.

Asur 05-19-2013 08:19 PM

Sweet build, very nice, truck looks great, nice stuff, thanks for sharing the pics. Reps for what your doing.

98hemi-ram 05-20-2013 12:30 AM

Thanks man, its definetly been a fun project so far.

double0ram 05-27-2013 09:47 PM

wow how did I miss this one?!

so how's everything going with it now? any update?

98hemi-ram 05-27-2013 11:17 PM

Everything has been going pretty good so far I've got all the wiring harnesses put back in and hooked back up. Only needed to change 1 sensor since they were different connectors but other than that it all plugged right in.

I think I've got all my vacuum lines hooked back up. Need to order some tranny cooler lines (was going to try and make my own but figured this way would be a lot easier).

Only other major things I need to get figured out still are a custom power steering line, and need to change the quick connect end for the fuel rail on the Hemi. (Hemi connector is larger than my old 5.9's)

Work has picked up again so it hasn't left me much time to work on it so progress has been slow the last few weeks.

98hemi-ram 05-27-2013 11:19 PM

Oh will also still need to get my exhaust reconnected to the new manifolds and need to take my driveshaft into the local shop so they can change the slip yokes for me.

double0ram 05-28-2013 01:28 PM

this is some seriously cool stuff man. i am jealous for sure!

98hemi-ram 05-28-2013 11:52 PM

Thanks man I'm at the point now where ill be happy to here it fire up for the first time lol