DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Recalls and TSB's. (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   04 5.7 ETC recall yet? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142759)

kittpowell1 05-20-2013 08:42 AM

04 5.7 ETC recall yet?

the only reason i was scarred to get a hemi is happening now i have a 04 my etc started acting up this weekend after do a diy ram air intake with my k&n cai i have disconnected my battery it will reset for a few miles then come back on with rough idle im afraid to take my truck into dealership and have them see my mods and laugh so i want to get all my ducks in a row before causing hell at dealership also i recently put a superchips in my truck will it leave a trace on my computer if i unistall it before taking it in?

Raminator5280 05-21-2013 10:42 AM

Did you try clean your tb yet? And as long as you turn it back to stock tune it won't matter. Besides I'm assuming you do not have a warranty anymore since its 2004 so it shouldn't matter to them what you've done to your truck

SI Integra 05-23-2013 12:27 PM

2nd cleaning the throttle body.

starquestbd22 05-29-2013 06:49 AM

I second (or third, whatever) what has been said. Clean your throttle body well and check everything you can see while you are doing it. It's very odd that it only started when you fabbed up your intake. Not saying you did anything wrong but if your issues started immediately after......have you considered returning it to stock to see what happens? At least go back and double check all your work.

I assume by ETC you are referring to the electronic throttle control? So you are getting the little lightning bolt symbol lit up in the cluster? I really don't think this is an extremely common problem. I have read about a handful of people seeing the lightning bolt but nowhere near enough for it to be considered a recurring issue with these trucks. Regardless, Chrysler isn't going to do a recall on a 9 year old vehicle anyway so I wouldn't get my hopes up about that.

Let us know how the TB cleaning and recheck of everything goes.

kittpowell1 08-14-2013 02:08 AM

I cleaned my TB really good checked all my work and since i have removed my mods and it will still kick on and off at random enough so i know that all i have to do is turn my truck off reatart and it clears its self and we are good to go. When it kicks on it runs if at freeway speed 65-70 it keeps in the higher rmp not revved out just doesnt shift to over drive, when you let off throttle the rpms kinda drop but not at smooth as it would with the red lightening bolt sign off and running normal. When I cleaned my TB I cleaned my connectors and everything else is there a sensor I should consider it has been happening more frequently . Could the super chips be causing it?

Lake O Hunter 12-25-2013 07:24 AM

So there is an existing recall for this on '04s?