DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fragile alignment (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142802)

Ronan 05-20-2013 08:14 PM

Fragile alignment

So I came into a corner hot, hit a few bumps, not going more than 15mph but goosing it (a little fishtail) and heard a loud clunk. Now my wheel is at one o'clock to drive straight. Pulling hard to the left. Corner I took was a right. Could it be that fragile. I looked under the truck and everything looks straight. Nothing bent. Don't know what the clunk was. ??????????????? Guess I need an alignment.......

Ronan 05-20-2013 11:17 PM

Off road, forgot to mention.....

Arth 05-20-2013 11:20 PM

Strange to say the least. I can't comment with the new electric steering those Ram's have.

My Ram's steering certainly isn't fragile as I have hit my fair share of bumps and curbs and kept on going. Yes it has messed up my alignment a bit but not turned my steering wheel.

Ronan 05-21-2013 05:03 PM

Getting the alignment now, I'll comment when it's done......

Thet 05-23-2013 08:09 AM

I'm having the same problem man. Already have had to align my truck 3-4 times and thinking I need to do it again. Pissing me off honestly.

Ronan 05-23-2013 05:08 PM

I went to Firestone and they do lifetime alignments for 160$, but they couldn't fit on my tires.... So now I'm waiting for the off road shop. Till Tuesday. Also now my traction control light is on. WTF!!!

DAA 05-24-2013 11:11 AM

Have not used or abused the IFS w/electric steering setup yet. The steering on my last three 2500's all got jacked up in one way or another, plus went through a lot of ball joints, and I thought they were kind of pitiful and weak for a 3/4 ton solid axle setup - was always wishing they were kingpin design. But just looking at the IFS and electric setup on these new 1500's, they look REALLY weak.

Hopefully they aren't too expensive to repair and align, because I can see much need for such in my future...

- DAA

hydrex 05-24-2013 02:13 PM

Can't figure out why they keep changing things every couple years. My 05 has the torsion bar front suspension. I've beat the living snot out of it in the woods. Every spring I take it in for alignment, it's always very close. Front tire wear has been excellent. Ok, it drives like a truck, I've driven the new Rams and they all feel like driving a Lexus. Perhaps if you drive off road, better with a truck than a luxomobile.

Ronan 05-24-2013 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I checked out under the truck and outside. It seems like the passenger side tire is out of plumb. So I think the eccentric on the control arm has gone out. Still gotta wait till Tuesday.

Ronan 05-24-2013 07:39 PM

This is the drivers side