DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   2013 ram Tuning? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142897)

HVAC mech Mitch 05-21-2013 08:23 PM

2013 ram Tuning?

Hey guys, new to the forum, new to trucks, had a challenger and a jeep for the longest time. Figured it was time to get into a truck.
I went to a local performance/accessory shop here in Edmonton Alberta today an the guy there told me only 2 tuners are available for the '13 5.7l rams, Hypertech Interceptor and Edge Performances' Juice Attitude.
Anyone out there have one of the 2 installed? or have any helpful info they could pass on to me with regards to buying one.
I have a Diablo Sport DCX Intune I-1000 or whatever it's called. No tuning available for 13 rams yet.
Also any other helpful mod ideas (peoples experience or opinion with the different CAI's out there for example---i saw one thread where buddy couldn't get his CAI to fit with the hood closed)

Asur 05-21-2013 08:28 PM

Go to the Bully Dog Hemi +, they just released the tune for the 2013 ram, its probably not indicated on there site but check with Discount Auto Performance here on the site they can get it for you.

brandonjansen 05-21-2013 09:47 PM

Yes, what Asur said ^^^ The Bully Dog is a way better option.

madhatr02 05-21-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVAC mech Mitch (Post 1104307)
Hey guys, new to the forum, new to trucks, had a challenger and a jeep for the longest time. Figured it was time to get into a truck.
I went to a local performance/accessory shop here in Edmonton Alberta today an the guy there told me only 2 tuners are available for the '13 5.7l rams, Hypertech Interceptor and Edge Performances' Juice Attitude.
Anyone out there have one of the 2 installed? or have any helpful info they could pass on to me with regards to buying one.
I have a Diablo Sport DCX Intune I-1000 or whatever it's called. No tuning available for 13 rams yet.
Also any other helpful mod ideas (peoples experience or opinion with the different CAI's out there for example---i saw one thread where buddy couldn't get his CAI to fit with the hood closed)

Will have to look into this, I was unaware that Edge had one for the 13's yet.

BullyDog just released the 2013 tuner last week.

HVAC mech Mitch 05-21-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1104405)
Yes, what Asur said ^^^ The Bully Dog is a way better option.

You have the bullydog hemi+ eh?
On the website i can' see any mention to dyno's or HP/TQ gains or fuel economy gains etc,
have you noticed anything in particular???

Chris b 05-21-2013 11:03 PM

If bullydogs out diablo want be far behind

BlackRamHemi 05-21-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris b (Post 1104467)
If bullydogs out diablo want be far behind

x2 I'd hold out for Diablo to release the tuning on the 13's if you want the best for le$$

I saw the BD Hemi+ at Capital in Edmonton at noon today for $650 :wow:
My Diablosport Trinity, that allows Custom tuning, was $100 less

I've had Superchips, Bully Dog GT and a Diablosport Trinity on my 2010 5.7L Hemi Ram
the only one I still own is the Diablo Trinity. Same goes for several friends that tried them all too.

Chris at CCMR in Spruce Grove is a Diablo Dealer
and certified CMR tuner with an on-site dyno.

He does most of the high end Mopar Hemi cars/jeeps/trucks in the area

http://www.ccmrmobiledyno.com/

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/...dynoday019.jpg

more dyno day pic's here: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65939&page=17

Get a Catch Can from him ASAP too!!! #1 1st day mod for any 4G Hemi
just talk to the guy for 20 minutes and you will be amazed how well he know's Hemi's

Asur 05-22-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi (Post 1104480)
I saw the BD Hemi+ at Capital in Edmonton at noon today for $650 :wow:

You can get the Bully Dog Hemi + for 400$ and apparently there can tunes are better than Diablo, so if your not going for specify setups and personalized tunes you might like the Bully Dog Hemi +, and they are presently shipping with 2013 compatible tunes, + they will work on the 4.7 engine also. But if you are going to use it and personalize your own tunes or buy tunes from venders that produce specialized tunes like Hemi fever and white lightning and I think a few others, then wait for the Diablo, it can accommodate many more features.

brandonjansen 05-22-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVAC mech Mitch (Post 1104431)
You have the bullydog hemi+ eh?
On the website i can' see any mention to dyno's or HP/TQ gains or fuel economy gains etc,
have you noticed anything in particular???

Yes, both Asur and myself are running the Bully Dog GT for Hemi Plus.

The website claims around 30+ HP and 35+ foot pounds on the performance tune I believe. So far I've only run the regular tune so I haven't noticed those kind of numbers. But there definitely is added power and torque. Plus the shift points are 10 times better! That's the biggest difference. It keeps the truck in the power longer and when it should be rather than changing to the next gear and having to low of an RPM and then having to downshift again.

As far as fuel economy goes I was seeing 17.5-18.5 MPG tank averages with the stock wheels and tires. (Also had a CAI and exhaust). My highway mileage was up around 22 or 23 MPG so I definitely can't complain about that. So far with 35" Toyo MT's I'm averaging around 15.5-16.1 MPG and my highway mileage is around 17-18 MPG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1104633)
You can get the Bully Dog Hemi + for 400$ and apparently there can tunes are better than Diablo, so if your not going for specify setups and personalized tunes you might like the Bully Dog Hemi +, and they are presently shipping with 2013 compatible tunes, + they will work on the 4.7 engine also. But if you are going to use it and personalize your own tunes or buy tunes from venders that produce specialized tunes like Hemi fever and white lightning and I think a few others, then wait for the Diablo, it can accommodate many more features.

Again, exactly what Asur said ^^^

RamTex 05-22-2013 01:26 PM

Just wait till diablo comes out with a tune...