DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   35's A/T with 3.55 Gears (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142913)

Canadian Hemi Pride 05-22-2013 01:15 AM

35's A/T with 3.55 Gears

I am wondering how sluggish my truck will become when I level and put on 35 inch BFG A/T with 3.55 Gears. Also will it risk damaging the rear end with the smaller gears and running 35's. I have a DS Trinity to help out. But I am just curious what to expect going up to 35's with bilstiens. Thanks Everyone:smileup:

j3andit 05-22-2013 01:33 AM

shouldnt be bad at all. just dont go too extreme when going offroad. mud/snow is fine at moderate speed. i wouldnt go climbing rocks tho

fastNugly @ BP 05-22-2013 01:34 AM

You'll be ok. The tuner will help, plus 3.55 isn't bad with 35's especially ATs as they do tend to be lighter in weight

Canadian Hemi Pride 05-22-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3andit (Post 1104522)
shouldnt be bad at all. just dont go too extreme when going offroad. mud/snow is fine at moderate speed. i wouldnt go climbing rocks tho

Yea mud and snow is all I do.. Really isn't any rocks to climb around here.

Just had some people trying to talk me down to 33's saying that 35's will kill my rear end, make my truck a slug and kill my milage. What would they know though.. They drive fords:LOL:

shaner82 05-22-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3andit (Post 1104522)

Why do you say don't climb rocks? Is it really that hard on the truck to move 35's? It seems to me like these trucks have a ton of power, I can't imagine a heavier tire being that hard on it.

I will never do much rock climbing, but if I come across an easy one to climb, I may go for it. What part of the truck is subjected to the most abuse from heavier tires?

Grubrunner 05-22-2013 08:38 AM

You'll be fine, brother.

I'm running those shocks and gears combo with MT's, without an issue.

Yes, a tuner will help.

fastNugly @ BP 05-22-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1104626)
You'll be fine, brother.

I'm running those shocks and gears combo with MT's, without an issue.

Yes, a tuner will help.

This ^^^ was waiting for Grubrunner to respond.
Perfect guy to get feedback on :smileup:

brandonjansen 05-22-2013 01:36 PM

I don't remember what the weight is exactly but I'm pretty sure the BFG AT's are a fairly light tire as well. So it won't be as bad of a hit.

I'm running 35x12.5 Toyo MT's with 3.55's on my 4.7 and it's honestly not that bad at all. Yes I can definitely tell the difference in size and weight but the overall drivability of the truck isn't bad at all. Going up hills is where I notice it the most.

As far as MPG goes, so far I've gotten 16.1 MPG and 15.6 MPG on the two tanks I've had with my 35's. Keep in mind I do around 80% highway driving but I'm fine with those numbers considering how big and heavy my MT's are compared to stock.

Ryanb 05-22-2013 01:40 PM

^^ what Brandon said i have 35x12.50 nitto trail grapplers with 3.55 gears and the 4.7l and it's fine for me.

ADA16 05-22-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaner82 (Post 1104624)
Why do you say don't climb rocks? Is it really that hard on the truck to move 35's? It seems to me like these trucks have a ton of power, I can't imagine a heavier tire being that hard on it.

I will never do much rock climbing, but if I come across an easy one to climb, I may go for it. What part of the truck is subjected to the most abuse from heavier tires?

Yeah i am confused about this as well. Would anything bad happen (because of the tires, lift, and 3.55 gears) if i were to get the 35 bfg a/t and a 4 inch lift and rip it through some mud and maybe rocks?