DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   13 ram outdoorsman or big horn (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142955)

agco115 05-22-2013 02:56 PM

13 ram outdoorsman or big horn

I have been looking for months now, and maybe ready to purchase.
I am caught between picking an outdoorsman package or the big horn. Dollar for dollar with options, it looks like the better value is the outdoorsman, just looking for everyones opinion

ramaries 05-22-2013 03:29 PM

Outdoorsman shines up better, rides smoother, and gets .5 mpg better mileage; just a better truck! uh, I would'nt be a biased outdoorsman owner, would I?
seriously, I chose outdoorsman cause the other packages I found didn't have LSD

tallnick 05-22-2013 03:37 PM

Do you like chrome or not.. If there was an outdoorsman with some of the options i wanted located near by.. i would have grabbed one instead of the bighorn..

BigHornCAP 05-22-2013 03:52 PM

auto 4 wheel drive was the deciding factor for me.

tallnick 05-22-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHornCAP (Post 1104965)
auto 4 wheel drive was the deciding factor for me.

Which one doesn't have it?

gcscott 05-22-2013 04:06 PM

I purchased my 2013 Outdoorsman after comparing the standard options.

Get a dealer book that compares the 2.

The Outdoorsman has much more off road standard options and less chrome. I got the Pentastar V6, 8 speed, 3.55 gears, comfort group, 8.4an navi, back-up camera and more.

This is a great truck and I am very with it.

MODS LIST! WeatherTech Floor Mats (F&R), WeatherTech Mud Flaps (F&R), WeatherTech Window Rain Guards (F&R), AVS Bugflector II, Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat, LRV Protecta Tailgate Mat, IPCW LED Tailgate Light Bar, LedGlow SMD Blue Interior Light Kit (F&R), Dee Zee Tailgate Assist, SS Exhaust Tip, Cabin Air Filter.

brandonjansen 05-22-2013 04:17 PM

Personally I vote for the Big Horn. I'm just not really a fan of the Outdoorsman trim. I don't like two tone at all and even the ones that have chrome bumpers still have a painted grille which looks a little off to me. It either has to be full chrome like the Big Horn or all painted like a Sport or Express.

plumcrazy73 05-22-2013 04:40 PM

both trucks the same, colors and basic options, and sitting on the lot, I choose Outdoorsman, I like the body color grille, and the fender flares.

Bhbdvm 05-22-2013 11:07 PM

I'd get the Outdoorsman in monotone. The Bighorn is the one with auto 4wheel drive but I rarely need the 4 wheel drive without knowing I need it. You get better mpg with the auto in the 2 wheel mode anyway.

The Crow 1994 05-22-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1105001)
Personally I vote for the Big Horn. I'm just not really a fan of the Outdoorsman trim. I don't like two tone at all and even the ones that have chrome bumpers still have a painted grille which looks a little off to me. It either has to be full chrome like the Big Horn or all painted like a Sport or Express.

I vote (and bought) Big Horn. If I would have gotten the Outdoorsman, I would have selected the monotone paint scheme, too. Not a fan of the grill on that particular model either. I actually like the Sport grill the best, followed by the Big Horn. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. You really can't go wrong with any of the 2013 Ram models. :smiley_thumbs_up: