DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Quick and easy improvement? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143134)

azsquid 05-24-2013 11:49 AM

Quick and easy improvement?

I'll be taking delivery of my new Outdoorsman CC in about a week and heading from AZ to WI right away.

This vehicle comes with the quad headlights. A lot of the comments on this forum say that the stock headlights are rather wimpy.

Is there an easy improvement I can do short of a complete HID replacement?

32seventeen 05-24-2013 01:11 PM

Not sure if your truck comes with fogs, but they help a lot, they work better than the low beams, IMHO.
Also, the high beams are ok, not great, but ok. It's just the low beams that really suck on my quads.

CaptDuff 05-24-2013 01:16 PM

I put some Silverstars on my lows the 1st week I got the truck, that seemed to help. With the fogs on they light up well. Stock brights I thought were decent.

azsquid 05-24-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32seventeen (Post 1106799)
Not sure if your truck comes with fogs, but they help a lot, they work better than the low beams, IMHO.
Also, the high beams are ok, not great, but ok. It's just the low beams that really suck on my quads.

I always leave the fogs on with the low beams on my Honda Ridgeline. I'll probably just replace the low beam bulbs on the Ram with a better aftermarket bulb and see how it is on my trip to WI. If I'm still disappointed, I can always look at installing HIDs later.

RyanJM 05-27-2013 01:27 AM

If you don't mind price PIAA has always made some great bulbs.

Canadian Hemi Pride 05-27-2013 01:37 AM

My first mod I did to my 08, was switch my garbage stock bulbs to 6000k HID's. One of the best mods I could have done. I feel a lot better driving the country roads at night be able to see everywhere which are alot better then my high beams used to be.

Asur 05-27-2013 09:08 AM

What he said, get a good set of HID's for your lows its night and day, don't skimp out on a cheap set off ebay, go to theretrofitsource or **************** and get a complete kit with wire harness and ya 55watt and 6000k lights you will love your light output, also once installed, drop them down a few degrees just to not blind on coming traffic, and if you really want great stuff, go with a retrofit projector kit, but thats more dollars and less easy than just swapping out for HID's

blackrain86 05-27-2013 11:47 AM

I think the headlights are aimed to low from factory. I adjusted mine about 3 full turns. It makes so much difference. I don't think I will even go with HIDs.

ONOutdoorsman 05-28-2013 12:46 PM

I put in a $21 set of retro solutions HPX bulbs (65W - 6000K) and I don't use my fogs anymore. I had to aim them down a bit as I was getting flashed all of the time. Much nicer than stock but not as bright as HID (I assume because I have never owned HID lighting).

MONT.RAM 06-02-2013 12:48 AM

Not to interrupt a thread here, but as a note to all when you leave your fogs on all the time you are blinding the guys driving the big rig trucks. I'm a truck driver. Then when we flash you we get flashed back with full force bright lights, completely blinding us. It's just asking for an accident. Just a thought for all. Thanks. Sorry to interrupt the thread again.