DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Low Drone Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143181)

Munki63 05-25-2013 01:23 AM

Low Drone Exhaust

anybody know a good set-up where there isn't any highway drone (2-3000rpm)
i just want the truck to sound sexy when I'm accelerating lol

satan47 05-25-2013 01:56 AM

just installed a magnaflow Y pipe and an 18" magnaflow muffler last week and there is quite a bit of drone at highway speeds(60-70mph). i was looking for the same thing as you, no drone but nice and deep rumble when i wanted it. i dont usually cruise at the rpm's you mentioned since that would put at around 80-85mph and i wouldnt be able to afford the gas to do that for more than a week or so.

I wish i had gone with a 22" magnaflow instead of the 18" and i still might even swap them out if it continues to bother me.:doh:

....BTW, not sure if it will make a huge difference in the sound out the pipes but i also have a 87mm ported TB and a SB CAI.

huntergreen 05-25-2013 10:32 AM

i like the stock exhaust on my 11 sport, might want to check that out.

32seventeen 05-25-2013 10:52 AM

I heard the Corsa is not supposed to drone. That is what I plan on getting.
Anyone with the Corsa what to chime in???

age525 05-25-2013 10:59 AM

I have a corsa db exhaust and there is no drone at all even with my new longtubes high flow cats an y pipe. I was amazed at how quite it is cruising especially after running with no exhaust after the y pipe.

MangoTangoMofo 05-26-2013 02:25 PM

corsa is awesome and if you can swing it go for it! I was in the same debate as satan47 and fortunately a buddy of mine bit the bullet first and ordered a 14" Magnaflow muffler and I got to hear it first hand. One ride down the highway was enough to convince me that this was NOT the set up that I wanted.

I have the 22" magnaflow and I deleted my resonators (had tail pipes made up at a local shop with 4"x18" tips) virtually duplicating the full Magnaflow cat-back for 1/2 the price. My truck sounds mean and there is ZERO drone while cruising down the highway. The big reason that this muffler is so good at eliminating cabin drone is the fact that it has a larger case size, 5x11 vs 5x9.

I haven't heard a corsa in person so I can't offer personal experience but I haven't ever read one bad review from any other members claiming that it drones.

So to be honest you really can't go wrong with either product, both are great!

MoparMadness08 05-26-2013 09:12 PM

The dynomax vt mufflers are drone free. I actually have one for sale. I was going to put it on my truck but decided to buy a magnaflow. Go to dynomax website and check them out.

70x7 05-27-2013 01:06 AM

outside of the truck, its different and meaner...inside the truck, its like I never had it installed....
FloPro muffler/Maggy Y-pipe