DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Rear view mirror (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143203)

Bronzbackhunter 05-25-2013 11:02 AM

Rear view mirror

My rear view mirror drops down about a half inch every other day, then i half to re adjust it. the mirror doesnt seem loose. Just wadering if anyone else is having this problem.

Asur 05-25-2013 12:41 PM

Must be a depressed mirror :LOL:, but seriously its not normal that just by its weight it would drop down half an inch, when it gets older what will happen, will it just face the floor? I would ask the dealer to order you a replacement under warranty of course.

nikeman 05-25-2013 09:45 PM

There was another thread about this recently I guess it's pretty common. Just to loose or something. Take it to the dealer.

C to the J 05-25-2013 10:57 PM

Mine does this as well...pretty annoying but I've just been dealing with it.
I'm going to have them look at it when I take it in for first service.

J Roc 05-26-2013 12:03 AM

Mine does the same as well.

Grubrunner 05-26-2013 12:26 AM

Your rear-view mirror shouldn't move at all. It should stay put where you last left it unless someone other than yourself has adjusted it since.

It's a trivial thing to some, yeah, but that would piss me off having to re-adjust it a few times a week.

Unacceptable.

I'd be at my dealership's SD after the second drop.

Good luck.

Gatsy92 05-26-2013 12:41 AM

Yep happens to me all the time. Sometimes I wonder though if I'm just sitting in a different position slightly. But I think it's loose. I also have the rear view backup camera installed by dealer. I wondered if that added weight

mikeysotp 05-26-2013 05:16 AM

Mine is a little low every morning. I assumed it was my imagination for the longest time but now I'm starting to wonder......

My neighbor and his Chebby have serious truck envy and he is a little shorter than me, maybe that f**ker is taking her for a spin late at night.:4-dontknow:

madhatr02 05-26-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeysotp (Post 1107927)
Mine is a little low every morning. I assumed it was my imagination for the longest time but now I'm starting to wonder......

My neighbor and his Chebby have serious truck envy and he is a little shorter than me, maybe that f**ker is taking her for a spin late at night.:4-dontknow:

jealous people with do desperate things LOL. If you are certain you aren't seeing things take it back to the dealer. I also read where a guy said his air suspension kept changing heights causing his rear view mirror to be off slightly.

Asur 05-26-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatr02 (Post 1107929)
jealous people with do desperate things LOL. If you are certain you aren't seeing things take it back to the dealer. I also read where a guy said his air suspension kept changing heights causing his rear view mirror to be off slightly.

Lmao :LOL:.............