DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Lower seat in my new Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143274)

h2obuff 05-26-2013 10:37 AM

Lower seat in my new Ram

I love my new Ram, but like most vehicles, I don't have quite enough head room. I am 6'4" with a long torso, so I always have this problem.

I am going to talk to place Tuesday that modifies vehicles for people with disabilities,as my dealer has used them in the past.

Anybody have any experience in lowering their seat?

mdragon9 05-26-2013 10:44 AM

I'm also interested in this. I just barely fit but I have to recline the seat more than I would like.

Gatsy92 05-26-2013 03:14 PM

Curious do you guys have Power seats? Because I'm 6'5 and sit really far back and I'm still about 2-3 inches away from hitting my head off the cross beam thing also I have a crew cab don't know if other cabs have different head room

h2obuff 05-26-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatsy92 (Post 1108161)
Curious do you guys have Power seats? Because I'm 6'5 and sit really far back and I'm still about 2-3 inches away from hitting my head off the cross beam thing also I have a crew cab don't know if other cabs have different head room

I have a Longhorn Crew Cab and my head hits the roof. I have short legs and a very tall torso. I also like to sit up straight, leaning back too far makes my back hurt.

h2obuff 05-28-2013 09:53 PM

I went and talked to the guys at Adaptive Driving Access (ADA) in Houston today.

Looks like they will be able to:

-Lower my seat 2.5 to 3"
-Lengthen my rear travel about 3"

On my Laramie Longhorn, the seat controller box is directly under the seat, and they plan to relocate it to under the main console. The will built new rails, and the seats will maintain all of the functionality they do now, just will sit a bit lower and travel farther back. Everything will be painted to match, and look as professional as the factory setup.

Cost will be about $600 (6-8 hours of labor). i am scheduled to have them do it Monday, we will see.

BeaverNation 05-31-2013 01:26 PM

This is one function I do miss. I bought the 2013 Ram 2500 CC ST model which does NOT have power seats. Im 6'5 and 320 lbs, so the ability to lower my seat was always a benefit I used. Now I am just learning to drive "taller" but I do rub my head from time to time getting into my Truck due to the height of my seat now. Good luck with the Modifications. Hope it works for you and gives you the comfort you need.

Rhino68 07-14-2013 02:03 PM

I have the same problem in my '13 2500 cc. You should have them make this a kit to buy or see if that would be possible.

TurboCup87 07-21-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2obuff (Post 1110292)
I went and talked to the guys at Adaptive Driving Access (ADA) in Houston today.

Looks like they will be able to:

-Lower my seat 2.5 to 3"
-Lengthen my rear travel about 3"

On my Laramie Longhorn, the seat controller box is directly under the seat, and they plan to relocate it to under the main console. The will built new rails, and the seats will maintain all of the functionality they do now, just will sit a bit lower and travel farther back. Everything will be painted to match, and look as professional as the factory setup.

Cost will be about $600 (6-8 hours of labor). i am scheduled to have them do it Monday, we will see.

Please let everyone know how it went.

josh995 07-21-2013 06:35 PM

I have the opposite problem. I'm 5'8 and wish I could raise my seat. :(

dalinater 08-12-2014 07:44 PM

seat too high

I also have this problem I just got my 2014 megacab laramie and when I sit the way I like to sit my head is crushed into headliner. I have the sunroof so I know that lowered the headliner some. Hoping to be able to get mine dropped about 2 inches. Had a 2011 silverado with no sunroof and head only had about 1 inch clearance so I know my long torso and pointed head are the problem :gy: just hoping to find a solution.