DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Good Deal (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143432)

cbelar1500 05-28-2013 12:05 AM

Good Deal

Not sure if this was a good deal, but it's was the best deal I found after hours of researching. Just pulled the trigger on a new Magnaflow 22" (#12588) for less then $100, :50: well... $95.91 total (if you want to be exact). :spinning::gr_grin:

Here's where I found the deal, but the deal ends this Friday, May 31st, 2013.
http://frugalmechanic.com/auto-part/...xhaust-muffler

Now deciding to take it to a muffler shop to have them install it or just doing it myself and save the money I just saved. What do you think? Take it to the shop so they can remove the resonator or leave the resonator on and bolt it myself?

chefred112 05-28-2013 12:29 AM

very good choice, I also run a 5 x 11 x 22 maggie and this is the last muffler I'll ever buy, quieter than most but you can hear and feel it when you get on it, very muscular.

xtreme 05-28-2013 06:08 AM

Jut so you know it's not a bolt in. The shop will have to weld it in place.

Bully's Performance 05-28-2013 01:59 PM

Very nice choice on Muffler!

Anyone else looking into anything Magnaflow let me know we can get you the lowest price on the net, even better than the one listed above :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Bully's Performance

MangoTangoMofo 05-28-2013 04:00 PM

Great choice on the muffler! I preach it and praise it whenever I get the chance.

A far as installation I brought mine to a local shop and I had them make me up some tail pipes to delete the resonators. I HIGHLY recommend doing the same. You will effectively be duplicating the Magnaflow Cat-Back for the cost and you will unleash a little bit of noise that will not induce any drone… so it’s kind of a win win. Plus while they’re at it you can get yourself some sexy new tips to stare at ;)

Once you get it installed could you give us an update as to how you like it?

Grubrunner 05-28-2013 04:13 PM

Take it to a reputable shop, get them to weld all joins on and pipe the resonators thru [eliminate].

You'll be wrapped.

Good choice indeed.

cbelar1500 05-28-2013 11:29 PM

Thanks for the info guys! It was a tough decision between 18" or 22", but after all the research it came down to the drone. I wouldn't mind the drone that much, but I the people I travel with will drive me nuts complaining about the drone. :shakehead:

Oh well... I guess I'm taking her to the shop. I think getting it welded on is the best way to go.

I know I'm going to love it, especial with the S&B CAI. :woohoo:

RyanJM 05-29-2013 01:07 AM

I would have it done. My friend did mine at the Midas he owns. I got the 14" and kept the resonaters. Sounds good and no drone. Cost me $150 OTD muffler and install

tonyb 05-29-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbelar1500 (Post 1110449)
Thanks for the info guys! It was a tough decision between 18" or 22", but after all the research it came down to the drone. I wouldn't mind the drone that much, but I the people I travel with will drive me nuts complaining about the drone. :shakehead:

Oh well... I guess I'm taking her to the shop. I think getting it welded on is the best way to go.

I know I'm going to love it, especial with the S&B CAI. :woohoo:

Good choice...I almost got the same one but at the last minute changed my mind and went with dual in / dual out to get rid of the factory crushed Y-pipe... Mine is model 12568 (DI/DO) 22" and I really like the sound, it's not loud when cruising but when you step on it it's got that low growl...that you will want to hear again and again... :smileup:

TheSatinPumpkin 05-29-2013 08:15 AM

Good deal. i run a 3" DI/DO 22" length Magnaflow and love the quiet tone through the rpm's.