DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Front speaker help... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143461)

baconman 05-28-2013 11:52 AM

Front speaker help...

Hi all,
I have a bad feeling something has gone wrong with my speakers in the front driver and passenger doors but would like your help to confirm.

I have the alpine setup... And no matter how I balance it I can't get anything other than bass out of them. Is that right?? The speakers in the dash sound good and the ones in the rear doors have a full range.

Should the ones in the front doors also have full range with sounds other than bass?

It's weird that both speakers sound the same -- meaning that maybe my unit went odd... I sure hope not. I thought I noticed it when I have to increase the nav voice... Anyway, please let me know how yours sound.

Thanks!!
Ryan

RogerRamJet 05-28-2013 12:09 PM

I don't have a 2013, but audio is audio. Your door speakers should have the tweeters (high freq.) and midrange drivers with very little bass coming out of them. Your radio should know that it has a Sub and route most of the bass signal to the sub. Sounds like you've got a wire crossed or a setting cattywonkered.

baconman 05-28-2013 12:13 PM

Thanks - I agree. I will try the update and hope that does it.
R

sarge677 05-28-2013 12:23 PM

Has it been that way since you bought it or did it just recently start. It's a possibility that the wiring is slightly loose which would only give you a portion of the sound I.e. bass only. I'd still take it in to have them check it since its still under warranty. Never hurts. Hope you find out what's wrong with it

nikeman 05-28-2013 12:27 PM

I agree. Take it in to the dealer. Not bashing on you but posts like these make me realize why there are so many negative posts here. This seems very minor to me and I would have just taken it in and it would have probably been fixed in about 10 minutes. I'm just saying.

baconman 05-28-2013 12:52 PM

No worries -- I don't feel bashed.
My truck is awesome and I love it.
Simply using the forum for help. I wanted to see if I was crazy before I took it in since its not trivial for me to go to the dealer.
No big deal.
R

blackpearldodge 05-28-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 1109816)
I agree. Take it in to the dealer. Not bashing on you but posts like these make me realize why there are so many negative posts here. This seems very minor to me and I would have just taken it in and it would have probably been fixed in about 10 minutes. I'm just saying.

I disagree. This forum is here for us to post our questions/concerns. It's likely baconman would be charged a service fee if nothing is wrong with his Ram. Hence the reason he asked his question here first. I didn't read any negative posts inside this forum. And if somebody is going to rant and rave just how bad RAM's are (because a speaker doesn't play full-range) then have at her..and please take your presence somewhere else. My response, when I read his post, was not to immediately think about bashing... rather, I went ", hmmph. I don't know."
Please let us know how you make out at the dealership.

mike mc in canada 05-28-2013 03:55 PM

i do believe the highs in just the speakers of the driver and passenger doors have been cut off.-meaning no tweeters. mine have mids and lows only and been thinking about changing. someone else will chime in to confirm. you may get a better response in the audio-video section. cheers

RogerRamJet 05-28-2013 04:12 PM

Hey Mike, yeah, get that looked at. The door speakers are supposed to have only high and mids, hence the reason for the Sub. Get that checked out and question those that need to be questioned about it.

mike mc in canada 05-28-2013 04:40 PM

i thought i read somewhere on the audio forum about the front door speakers having no highs(thought it was odd) but i never questioned it when my truck arrived. thanks for the info- ill get it checked at first oil change. cheers