DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Eyebrow Tint (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143521)

KA1OTE 05-28-2013 10:06 PM

Eyebrow Tint
 
Not sure if this applies to other generation Rams, so I'm posting it here.. please move it if need be.

I'm contemplating getting an eyebrow tint on my windshield when I take her in for the front windows.. question is will this work? My windshield has a black dot applique(?) with the Ram's head logo in the center (right behind my rear view mirror) and I'm wondering if an eyebrow tint would adhere well over this or would it cause bubbles in the tint? Also, not quite as important, would adding the brow ruin the appearance of the factory applique? Thanks for any info!

Here's a pic of the applique on my windshield..

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ladyk...s/img_2689.jpg

oldhp 05-28-2013 10:50 PM

The guy that tinted my side and rear window's said he wouldn't do the front like your asking because of the dots. He said the tint over the dots would turn milky looking. There have been guys who have it done here with no problems. I'm sure someone else will chime in here shortly who has it done.

hoyter 05-28-2013 11:57 PM

I had it done and it looks great a year later. A quality shop should have no problems ensuring a smooth application over the bumps. It is a very common thing to do here in the south so the shops should have experience.

KA1OTE 05-29-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldhp (Post 1110362)
The guy that tinted my side and rear window's said he wouldn't do the front like your asking because of the dots. He said the tint over the dots would turn milky looking. There have been guys who have it done here with no problems. I'm sure someone else will chime in here shortly who has it done.

Milky looking.. hmm. Not something I would've expected. Only problem I foresee is the strip of tint not going on smooth and having bubbles.. thanks for the info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoyter (Post 1110465)
I had it done and it looks great a year later. A quality shop should have no problems ensuring a smooth application over the bumps. It is a very common thing to do here in the south so the shops should have experience.

Good to know.. and you haven't had any bubbling problems with the part of the strip over the dots and Ram head? I haven't asked anyone local here yet.. not sure how popular it is to have done around here (Utah) but I have noticed it on many vehicles lately and thought it may be nice to help with the desert sun. It has a tendency to reflect a lot.

Skin-N-Metal 05-29-2013 12:05 AM

Plus I would imagine just like the shop i went to, most tint shops offer a lifetime on the tint. So if it has bubbles or anything take it back to fix it. If they say they can't or won't do it, move to the next shop that will.

dodgert 05-29-2013 12:11 AM

Had mine done over 2 years and still looks perfect

KA1OTE 05-29-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin-N-Metal (Post 1110471)
Plus I would imagine just like the shop i went to, most tint shops offer a lifetime on the tint. So if it has bubbles or anything take it back to fix it. If they say they can't or won't do it, move to the next shop that will.

This is very true. My shop here in town warranties all their tint work for the lifetime of the rig (transfers to next owner if I sell).. so if they say they can do it, I guess I'm good.

I'm still a bit leery on how it will look.. anyone have any pictures of the eyebrow tint on their truck with the applique on the top center of their windshield? Would appreciate it.. thanks!

dodgert 05-29-2013 12:13 AM

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/DSC02058.jpg

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/DSC02057.jpg

shawnu 05-29-2013 12:13 AM

Mines done. And pretty far down too in 5% like the rest of my windows. 7 months later at it looks fine, keeps alot of heat out and glare. i love the strip, dont have to put the visor down very much.

KA1OTE 05-29-2013 12:21 AM

dodgert - Thanks for the pics! Puts it all into perspective for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnu (Post 1110477)
Mines done. And pretty far down too in 5% like the rest of my windows. 7 months later at it looks fine, keeps alot of heat out and glare. i love the strip, dont have to put the visor down very much.

Exactly why I am wanting it done..the glare first off and the reduced need to use the visors is a close second. The reduced heat build up in the truck is a bonus as this doesn't bother me too much.

Because it is a strip and not the entire window, am I limited to the darkness of this strip like my other tint (according to my state laws)? Or can I get 5% for the brow?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger