DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Have to love the look of my Remington High-Country All Satin Black. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143613)

reigirl 05-29-2013 11:24 PM

Have to love the look of my Remington High-Country All Satin Black.

Have to love the look of my Remington High-Country All Satin Black.
Here is what I went through to get them.

I went into the Discount Tire Store on 05/10/13 and no one there even knew that they had the ability to sell Remington Rims. So I used their computer and logged in to show them. I got them to call on them and they ordered them on Saturday 5/11/13. On 5/15/13 I got the new rims and tires put on my new Ram 1500. They looked great, except the fact that they did not have the black lug nuts I had ordered so they put on chrome. As I left they told me the tire presser sensor would be on and it will go off with a day of driving.
Three days later I was back because my tire presser sensors had still not gone off. Come to find out they had only put 37 psi in the tires, my truck needs 41 psi or more to have the sensors not trigger.
Then the first time on the freeway, back again because they had balanced them wrong. She was all over the place, pulling hard to the right. They told me they did not balance them wrong but would take a look. They pulled and rebalanced all four.
I got this call in 5/28/13 after leaving a message asking about the 5th rim for the spare tire. I was told it had just come in, and that they will mount it so it would be ready when I got there after work. I was then told by the guy putting the tire on that he was wondering where I was the rim had been there a week. (Ok someone is lying) I asked for the Allen Wrench that comes with it and the reply was, “did we not give you one”. I said yes but I ordered 5 tires I thought one would have come with each. At this point the topic chanced when I realized that I did not get the “R” rim cover.
Now as calmly as a redhead can, I explained to the Assistant Manager that I the customer ordered and paid for the Remington Rims, Tires and Black Lug nuts and all that came with them. I stated that I am not the owner of the store and I did not order these things to stock the store. I ordered them and I paid for them this made them mine not store property.
Now I did get a call from Discount Tire today 05/29/13 and they are to order me the plastic “R” rim cover for the spare; it seems they thought I would not want it. I was told it will be in next week and they will call me. If you are counting it will make it almost a month since the first day I showed them that they sell Remington Rims.
I do want to say I LOVE the Rims they look great.
I also want to say that I will never order from Discount Tire again no matter how much I want the product they sell , if I cannot get it someplace else I just will go without.

reigirl

DarthRam 05-29-2013 11:53 PM

Not trying to piss off a redhead but...pics?!?!

reigirl 05-30-2013 01:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthRam (Post 1111258)
Not trying to piss off a redhead but...pics?!?!

Ok with now tires and rims, and before and after black lug nuts.

kkreit01 05-30-2013 02:27 PM

I also would love these for my Outdoorsman, but I didn't see them in 17" size. I only saw 18" on DTD website. I've always had good luck with DTD. We don't have an DT stores in our area.

reigirl 05-31-2013 10:53 AM

Remington only puts out a 18' and a 20' in that rim, I moved to the 20' since it is an option on the Outdoorsman when buying the truck. there are no changes that had to be made to have them put on.

reigirl

primo spaghetti 06-01-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reigirl (Post 1112488)
Remington only puts out a 18' and a 20' in that rim, I moved to the 20' since it is an option on the Outdoorsman when buying the truck. there are no changes that had to be made to have them put on.

reigirl

you will likely need to recalibrate the speedo. if you dont have a tuner you will have to make a trip to the dealer to compensate for the tire and rim size difference from your stock set up...

reigirl 06-01-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primo spaghetti (Post 1113427)
you will likely need to recalibrate the speedo. if you dont have a tuner you will have to make a trip to the dealer to compensate for the tire and rim size difference from your stock set up...

Not needed the height of the tire and rim over all are the same, stand them beside each other and they are the same height and with the tires I put on the same width. So the difference was the amount of rubber between the rim and the road. this did not change anything.