DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   1500 Sport Min-Grey QC w/ RamBoxs (Pics included) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143853)

The1 True Outlaw 06-01-2013 09:20 PM

1500 Sport Min-Grey QC w/ RamBoxs (Pics included)
 
5 Attachment(s)
I picked up my Mineral Grey 1500 Sport Quad Cab with RamBoxs two weeks ago. I have put about 1300 miles on so far and I saw an average MPG (this is since I picked it up) of 20.9 and its been still going up! This is the Hemi 8 speed with 3.55 rear and that includes about a hundred miles of towing a 6,000 lb trailer with 700 lbs of people in the cab. I couldn't be happier with my truck.

Just for reference I previously had a RC Dakota sport with a v6 for 8 years. It got barely 18 MPG rounding up on pure highway miles. So I got a lot more truck, a heck of a lot more power and 3 MPG more! :smiley_thumbs_up:

The only issues I had found were a missing rubber strip between the bed and the cab on the drivers side and the hood is miss aligned but that'll take 10 minute to fix at the dealer so no big deal. But it did go through the 100 percent/point inspection on the assembly line so hopefully they didn't miss any thing else.

The pics I attached are bone stock the day I picked her up. My three dogs had to inspect the truck, they gave the final approval. :LOL:

So far I have added a Truxedo Lo-Pro cover and VAS rain guards. And I'm very happy with both of them. I'll have pics in my build thread, might take me a bit to get them posted as my phone takes pics twice the size as what I'm allowed to attach so I have to convert them all. And I'm too lazy to create a Photobucket account right now.

Here is the link to my build thread, hopefully I will update it by tomorrow.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=138570

PaulMys 06-01-2013 09:24 PM

NICE!!!!! Great truck. Nice color (the best, actually!) but I am biased. LOL. Beautiful pooches, also!

The1 True Outlaw 06-01-2013 09:30 PM

Thanks, my dakota was mineral grey too. Loved it so I got it again. The second day I had the truck I drove to upstate NY with the three dogs in the back. Didn't even get 24 hours of a hairless truck. :LOL:

PaulMys 06-01-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1 True Outlaw (Post 1113837)
Thanks, my dakota was mineral grey too. Loved it so I got it again. The second day I had the truck I drove to upstate NY with the three dogs in the back. Didn't even get 24 hours of a hairless truck. :LOL:

Oh, MAN- do I know what you are saying!!!!!!:LOL:

BigHornCAP 06-01-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1 True Outlaw (Post 1113832)
I picked up my Mineral Grey 1500 Sport Quad Cab with RamBoxs two weeks ago. I have put about 1300 miles on so far and I saw an average MPG (this is since I picked it up) of 20.9 and its been still going up! This is the Hemi 8 speed with 3.55 rear and that includes about a hundred miles of towing a 6,000 lb trailer with 700 lbs of people in the cab. I couldn't be happier with my truck.

Just for reference I previously had a RC Dakota sport with a v6 for 8 years. It got barely 18 MPG rounding up on pure highway miles. So I got a lot more truck, a heck of a lot more power and 3 MPG more! :smiley_thumbs_up:

The only issues I had found were a missing rubber strip between the bed and the cab on the drivers side and the hood is miss aligned but that'll take 10 minute to fix at the dealer so no big deal. But it did go through the 100 percent/point inspection on the assembly line so hopefully they didn't miss any thing else.

The pics I attached are bone stock the day I picked her up. My three dogs had to inspect the truck, they gave the final approval. :LOL:

So far I have added a Truxedo Lo-Pro cover and VAS rain guards. And I'm very happy with both of them. I'll have pics in my build thread, might take me a bit to get them posted as my phone takes pics twice the size as what I'm allowed to attach so I have to convert them all. And I'm too lazy to create a Photobucket account right now.

Very Nice.

double check that the locking mechanisms on the RAMboxes where looked at. that's what stopped mine in 100%, so not sure if it got addressed in yours or not.

RamSportDan 06-01-2013 09:53 PM

Nice!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

The Sport headlights look like they were designed to go with the Min. Grey - really a great look.

if you have some pics of your interior, please post or give me a link. I ordered a Sport QC 8-speed but don't know what the console or shift buttons look like.

I like your dogs too.

madhatr02 06-01-2013 10:04 PM

Looks great and yes black goes very well with mineral/gunmetal grey colors.

nikeman 06-01-2013 10:06 PM

Very nice. Makes me regret not getting the sport hood even more!

The1 True Outlaw 06-01-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamSportDan (Post 1113864)
Nice!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

The Sport headlights look like they were designed to go with the Min. Grey - really a great look.

if you have some pics of your interior, please post or give me a link. I ordered a Sport QC 8-speed but don't know what the console or shift buttons look like.

I like your dogs too.

I didn't actually take any yet, but I'd be happy to get some tomorrow morning and post them for you. I have the leather so if you ordered cloth it may be a bit different but the sifter nob and console should be them same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 1113873)
Very nice. Makes me regret not getting the sport hood even more!

I originally didn't have it in my order but I was lucky enough to see a Min Grey with a sport hood drive by about a week after I place the order. Within minutes I called the dealer and was like, I screwed up big time.:LOL: Luckily he was able to get it added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHornCAP (Post 1113846)
Very Nice.

double check that the locking mechanisms on the RAMboxes where looked at. that's what stopped mine in 100%, so not sure if it got addressed in yours or not.

Thanks for the heads up I'll double check them tomorrow.



And I do love the black accents on the grey I'll be doing a lot of experimenting with plasti dip pretty soon.

The1 True Outlaw 06-01-2013 10:48 PM

I just got a review of the tonneau cover posted. The link is below if anyone is interested.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....13#post1113913


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger