DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Flowmaster exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144040)

knr2724 06-03-2013 10:42 PM

Flowmaster exhaust

I have the 2012 Express Hemi 5.7 and I went to a local muffler shop and had the 50 series flowmaster added. The guy asked if I wanted the 50 series or 40 series which I had already read online the 50 series was best for my truck.

After adding it I believe that the truck isn't running as good as it did with stock mufflers so I start looking up the part number to see if they installed the right one.

Come to find out there are different types of the 50 series, one is the delta and the other is a HD.

According to flowmaster website the HD was made specific for the Hemi and I have the Delta.

I called the guy back at the local muffler shop and asked if he knew of a difference which he said no and never had any complaints this is what he has always added to the ram with no problems.

After almost accepting this answer I called flowmaster tech and told this guy which he claims is a huge difference "night and day" and I should have it replaced with the HD.

I'm wanting to know from you guys if anyone has added the flowmaster of any kind and if anyone has noticed a difference in the way your truck drives like higher RPMs when around 70 MPH or if you have the 50 series HD I really like to hear from you.

Sorry so long for my first post, and thanks in advance

SK-Ram 06-03-2013 11:02 PM

I had a 22" MF muffler and recently put in the flowmaster american thunder catback which uses the 50 series hd I believe. The trucks runs and sounds awesome.

RAM EM 06-03-2013 11:08 PM

I don't believe any muffler would make a signicant difference in how the truck performs, better or worse. Are you sure they didn't install it backwards or something? Could it it just be the louder exhaust affecting your perception of performance?
Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Excoastie 06-04-2013 10:17 AM

I've been running a FM 50 series HD for the better part of 2 yrs now. I've not had any issues, and the only difference that I found from stock was better sound.

there are a couple of sound clips here

Exco

brandonjansen 06-04-2013 01:22 PM

I'm also running the 50 series HD. Mine is on a 4.7 though. Can't say I've had any problems or noticed the truck running any different. I also have sound clips (link in my signature) if youre interested.

The 50 series HD is quite a bit further towards the aggressive sounding mufflers on Flowmasters chart. The delta flow is a lot more mild sounding. Keep that in mind as well... if you want more volume then the HD is a better option. Also if Flowmaster is telling you it's going to make a big difference switching it I'd believe them. They're the ones that are experts on their products.

ultra2207 06-04-2013 03:14 PM

I recently switched to a 40 series (from a borla) and it runs/sounds great.

knr2724 06-04-2013 05:45 PM

I'm adding the 50 Series HD tomorrow though the guy at the local muffler shop seems pissed that I'm changing it.

I believe I noticed a difference right off the bat which lead me to check into it further. Although I agree with the member from earlier, it could be all in my head lol.

I'll post any difference I notice if any. Thanks for the advise

BryBry13 06-04-2013 05:53 PM

The Super 40 sounds great and no issues with performance at all

xtreme 06-04-2013 08:52 PM

I have a bolt in 50 currently but will be switch to a JBA catback.

mattc2675 06-05-2013 11:56 PM

I'm running true dual with my truck with x-pipe and two flowmaster super 10's, cut out the resonators and just installed a S&B CAI and she sounds real mean.